How is LSU #2 with that bullpen?

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I haven't watched any other teams this season, but listening to these LSU announcers they sound a lot like we do about our pitching staff.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
They had 2 of their top pen arms get hurt, but outside of those, not sure TBH.

Last edited:

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I agree. Skenes pitched all 7 innings in game 1. Even with a couple injuries, they should have been set up to do better in game 2 and 3. They don't have much other than Skenes. I don't see them doing well in tournament play unless Skenes can pitch on a days rest.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I mean they hadn’t lost a series all year two weeks ago, now they’ve lost two straight. They’ve simply just started losing some of these slugfests that they were winning early on.

patdog

May 28, 2007
They'll be about #8 after this weekend. Their pitching depth is so bad, they may have trouble winning a home regional even from the winner's bracket. Skenes better be ready to go complete game Friday and complete game on Monday.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
They'll be about #8 after this weekend. Their pitching depth is so bad, they may have trouble winning a home regional even from the winner's bracket. Skenes better be ready to go complete game Friday and complete game on Monday.

They'll win a regional by saving Skenes for game 2. Getting into the winners bracket, then winning a slugfest against a 2 or 3 seed whose out of pitching.

The real question is the supers. Because teams have figured out to throw off vs Skenes and save your better pitching for the other games

Reactions: patdog

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Well.. it's baseball. You aren't at your best or your worst every game. They've been consistently a little better than they showed this weekend and we've been consistently worse than we showed.

The stars aligned and we got hot when they went cold.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login