How many Atlanta area folks will be at GT tomorrow?

af102

May 17, 2009
I’ll be there with my oldest. All my GT friends said the arena is really nice compared to most college venues.

I was warned that parking around campus is a pain, and the Midtown MARTA station is closer than the lots that aren’t already sold out. There is also a lot of paid parking garages on the east side of the interstate within 5-10 mins walking, and getting in/out will probably be easier than navigating campus.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I’ll be there with my oldest. All my GT friends said the arena is really nice compared to most college venues.

I was warned that parking around campus is a pain, and the Midtown MARTA station is closer than the lots that aren’t already sold out. There is also a lot of paid parking garages on the east side of the interstate within 5-10 mins walking, and getting in/out will probably be easier than navigating campus.
I went to a football game there about 10 years ago. We parked in one of those garages.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012

Incidentally, how is MARTA these days? Haven't rode it since crime in the cities took a nose dive the last few years.

af102

May 17, 2009
Incidentally, how is MARTA these days? Haven't rode it since crime in the cities took a nose dive the last few years.
It’s fine most of the time. I use it for events in downtown fairly often, and have never had a problem. My “risk tolerance” may be higher than some, though, considering I’m a bike commuter on Atlanta streets.

I know most MSU alumni events are OTP north, so I would guess most people will be coming from that way. Midtown to North Springs after the game will probably be a fairly empty train because most folks going that far north are just daily commuters from the burbs. The trip on the way in will be fairly crowded once you hit Buckhead for all the folks that live in town and work up that way.

Reactions: vandaldawg

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
I went to a football game there about 10 years ago. We parked in one of those garages.
We went to the same football game there that you did, and parked on campus but it was at least a mile away from the stadium. There's not a lot of parking available on campus except for garages.

af102

May 17, 2009
Any concerns with these locations?

View attachment 460975
I would probably pick that $8 parking by Tech Square since you can cross at 5th street with all of the student foot traffic (and there are food options right there if you need dinner. The stuff around North Ave is fine, but it’s over a mile and will be mostly uphill on the way out.
There is a LAZ parking garage on 10th right by the MARTA station that would be my top pick, and probably in the same $15-20 range.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
I would probably pick that $8 parking by Tech Square since you can cross at 5th street with all of the student foot traffic (and there are food options right there if you need dinner. The stuff around North Ave is fine, but it’s over a mile and will be mostly uphill on the way out.
There is a LAZ parking garage on 10th right by the MARTA station that would be my top pick, and probably in the same $15-20 range.
$8 it is!!

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
MARTA is fine. Stay on the platforms in the sketchier areas and you’ll be fine.

HeCannotGo

Feb 23, 2011

[Raises hand]

Will be there with my wife. The Gametime app has tickets for as low as $11 all-in. Hope we can get a good group of Bulldogs there.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I wish. Unfortunately this is our busiest time of year so the store remains open. Otherwise, I'd be there. I'll just be loud in front of the TV as always.

Raiderdawg

Sep 28, 2022
Anyone want or need tickets?

I have 2 front row upper section. I will give them to Bulldog fans so they are used.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Solution is simple on parking. Go to the cheetah club, park, use their limo shuttle to and from the game. Enjoy the champagne room after.

Reactions: vandaldawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login