How many of you idiots wanted "changes" in 2010 or 2015?

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I remember a ton of you here, bitching and bitching. I think we have a mix of total idiots and also some young guys who know nothing else but the last 5 years.

One talking point that absolutely needs to be thrown out - and that's the one where we can't get immediately better next year. YES....WE CAN. We have direct evidence of it, 2010 and 2016. Our team is VERY similar to that 2015 one - very talented, but some young players had not grown up yet (Hudson specifically). Bad luck and things spiraled out of control. We are NOT very similar to 2010, which was terrible, was at rock bottom, built and then 2011 in Cohen's 3rd year was a team who barely got into a regional. Two completely different types of teams.

After 2015, we went and got Nate Lowe and Jack Kruger, along with a solid foundation of good recruits that were here already. We will mine the portal yet again next year, and probably have some guys come back as veterans that we don't expect (Hancock for example, maybe James). We also had some juniors step up and be who we thought they could be (Hudson and Houston). Does anybody here really think Tepper and Fristoe among others WON'T make a jump in their third years? They are too talented not to do so.

This baseball program is fine. Some of you should be ashamed for your opinions. You will be surprised at who we will pick up in the portal. Do you all want to go back to the days of Polk and McMahon, where we were consistently good, but hardly ever elite? I'd prefer what we're doing now.

People like to blame things today on the social media age. They are wrong. Idiot hot-takers have always been here. Nothing new under the sun. But they do have a bigger voice now.

Downvote away.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login