How many of you "Never NIL" People would pony up to bring back Dan?

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Funnel all basketball & baseball NIL into the football program, and go all in. Or if not, then hire the best triple option guru and go with it. Them good luck to the basketball & baseball programs.

• Angry
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
I'm guessing none,
Mullen would not be successful in the NIL world at Mississippi State. His whole model was suffer through a couple 5-7 to 7-5 type seasons with young players and get a 1-2 year payoff of a fully developed team and a chance to go 8-4 to 10-2. In this world, the Dak Prescotts and Nick Fitzgeralds just get bought by someone else. And we get a thank you card in the mail from Washington or USC for the developmental work.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Mullen would not be successful in the NIL world at Mississippi State. His whole model was suffer through a couple 5-7 to 7-5 type seasons with young players and get a 1-2 year payoff of a fully developed team and a chance to go 8-4 to 10-2. In this world, the Dak Prescotts and Nick Fitzgeralds just get bought by someone else. And we get a thank you card in the mail from Washington or USC for the developmental work.
💯 even Saban was frustrated by having to recruit his existing team every year. If it was that frustrating to him it cracks me up how all these other coaches are the solution in the NIL era. We are seeing the destruction of the middle class ****

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Not me. He didn't recruit well for top recruits when he was here, you think he would go recruit in this day and age where you have to take a suitcase of money with you to just walk in the momma's door??

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
dafuq if im going to go give my money to someone who will probably be gone by the end of the season because they mad that they didn't get enough passes thrown to them.. times are tough for a lot of people....

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
J Peterman No GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Maroon13

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
That's kind of what I've been thinking. One of Mullen's strength was spotting undervalued talent, and coaching them up. Dak is the perfect example of someone Mullen wanted as his QB right from the start, when no one else did. Chris Jones was another guy Mullen offered before anyone considered him even a 4 star.

So, Mullen would have more than enough NIL money to sign those guys out of HS, but what happens after a couple of seasons when they are NFL prospects? If our team isn't firing on all cylinders AND we are able to pony up the cash, how does he keep them here?

Fitzgerald is the outlier. He would have stayed. No one else wants a QB who can't throw.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I think in era of have nots and nil a development coach is more important than ever. Got to find that that under valued talent and under radar talent get them on campus and coach them up. We are seeing the lack of that so far this season and last. I think Dan would do great at that. I had hoped lebby would but so far not so good. How can you convince a big transfer to come in if you can't produce and coach up the guys you have to win with what you have and get them to play above their talent level. That's the type of coach we should have gone after.

Bologna Sandwich

Sep 6, 2024
I just simply don't think Dan could hack it this time around, but it would certainly be exciting to find out. He would have a better appreciation for it at least.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
The issue of Merlinz returning to State was broached this afternoon on Finebum, who stated that it would never happen based on the number of hard feelings incurred, bridges burned, etc., etc., etc. when he left. But let's be realistic here - Mullin spent his entire tenure in Starkville trying to go elsewhere for a better gig. So why do we want to recycle the annual November drama of (1) Dan being mentally vacant for the UMissy game because (2) he and his agent were peddling his services elsewhere. Not me!!

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
UPIG’s AD was trying to drum up support for their NIL , today he said Ole Miss’s Collective had 5000 members while UPig only had 1000….

Last edited:

Ludus24

Oct 21, 2023
Yea this is why Ole Miss has 5,000 members in their collective while we have 1000. Weak minded fanbase.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login