How much longer does Stricklin last at Florida?

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
Between the disaster that happened with Mullen and Florida football this season and the women's basketball scandal, especially how he knew about it and did nothing (https://www.alligator.org/article/2021/11/emails-show-stricklin-acknowledged-newbauer-abuse).

Do they really want him to be in on selecting the new coach? I think they left him around until Mullen was fired because it looks better if there isn't a big distraction to Mullen while the football team continues imploding.

I think he's out within a week.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
He's apparently raised a lot of money for them. They might just tell him to step aside and let the big boys make the hire, but not actually fire him. In other words, make him the *****.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
Yeah, the latest news on basketball is far more damaging. However, there is no rush to immediately fire him before wrapping up Mullen's termination.

They do, however, need him out to reduce uncertainty the next coach might have about the future of their athletic department.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
This seems like a situation where Stricklin is in the driver’s seat, but he’s not the one driving.

forestdepth

Feb 20, 2018
He bought himself a bit more time with the move today even though I’m sure he didn’t have much to do with the decision

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
I'll admit part of me wants him to stick around long enough to announce Hugh Freeze as the next Florida head coach.

RBDog82

Sep 14, 2008
The amount of time these two have spent living rent free in this board’s head is mind-boggling.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
The Mullen hire wasn’t a Stricklin autonomous decision. He was just doing the bidding of the real decision makers behind the scenes. No real blood on his hands for that not working out. The WBB deal is another story, but that coach is gone already and much of that is probably water under the bridge.

Simply put, he’ll get to stay at Florida as long as he wants as long as he keeps doing what he has been doing….focus on the marketing / fundraising side, and do exactly what he’s told in terms of football and MBB hires. That’s how all SEC athletic departments work, for the most part.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login