How much should we pay to keep Zach Arnette?

Old Fart Dawg

Sep 2, 2012
I expect him to be a hot commodity during the off season. He is currently at $1.2 million, with 100k annual raises through ‘24.
can we keep him, and at what price.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Wouldn't be surprised to see him at bama next year. I bet Golding and OBrian are let go this year. Not sure who OC will be but I doubt we hold on to him this year.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I expect him to be a hot commodity during the off season. He is currently at $1.2 million, with 100k annual raises through ‘24.
can we keep him, and at what price.
Reasonable raise, but we shouldn't break the bank. If he wants to leave, it won't be because of money. And maybe he values the stability we have with Leach.

He'll leave if he's just ready to move on, and we won't be able to pay to keep him. It happens.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Wouldn't be surprised to see him at bama next year. I bet Golding and OBrian are let go this year. Not sure who OC will be but I doubt we hold on to him this year.
Doubt Saban would go with his scheme. He very may leave, but his scheme (3-3-5) will keep many defensive coaches, such as Saban, away

Old Fart Dawg

Sep 2, 2012
I remember when Mumme and Leach were at Kentucky, and we had Joe Lee as DC. I always wanted to see what a wide open offense paired with a wide open defense would look like.
We’re not there yet, personnel wise, but I like it scheme-wise.
You’re right, if Zach wants to go, he’ll go. Hope we can keep him,

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Saban
Doubt Saban would go with his scheme. He very may leave, but his scheme (3-3-5) will keep many defensive coaches, such as Saban, away
runs a lot of 3-4. Considering how much they have struggled with the pass lately. I wouldn't be surprised them to go to the 3-3-5. They have the dline studs to run it. And they have enough secondary players to add that. They run a lot of nickel anyway. When their defense has been struggling a lot more lately he might be willing to adapt to a new scheme to cover more field with speed. Not many teams lining it up and running up the middle any more

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
How many current HC's would go to a 3-3-5 if they are running the 3-3 or 4-3? I think it will have to be a new P5 coach. I could see old Benedict at Auburn going after him for his new HC.

Old Fart Dawg

Sep 2, 2012
You think he’s ready for a HC job? I’m sure he would take it if offered, but it would take more than Cohen to make the offer

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login