How to stop pop-ups & redirects on Windows 10 & Google Chrome

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Knowing many of us here are experiencing this annoying problem, here is what I have found works. Do this the next time the irritating redirect comes up...leaving that page up:

1. Within Google Chrome browser get to Settings by clicking on the 3 vertical dots near the upper-right corner of your screen.
  2. Use your mouse to scroll down to the "Settings" tab and click on it.
  3. Now that you are in Settings, on the left-hand side click on "Privacy and security".
  4. Scroll down until you can click on "Site settings".
  5. Scroll down until you can click on "Pop-ups and redirects".
  6. Near the top you should see, "Default behavior", and under that "Customized behaviors". Under "Customized behaviors you should find, "Not allowed to send pop-ups or use redirects". To the right of that you should see an "Add" button. Click on the Add button. This will open a small box titled, "Add a site", with a place to add the site (it will probably have "[*.]example.com" already in the box.
  7. On the annoying ad page still open in your browser, right click on the url/address bar (where is starts with "https:") and click on "copy".
  8. Go back to your "Settings" you have open where you have that small box, "Add a site". Put your cursor on top of where you can add a site, where you see the [*.]example.com, right click on top of that and select "Paste". This should add the annoying redirect site to the line, replacing the "example". Then you can click the small "add" button on the lower left hand corner below this line.
  9. That's it. You can close out the Settings box, close out the redirect page, then go back onto the SPS/M&W Daily website.

You will probably see a period where the redirects stop, but you'll most likely eventually get another because those sneaky bastards will try shifting to a new url to bypass your block. But all you need to do is repeat the above process until they stop coming back. For me, I have had to do it just 3 times, and have now gone days with no problem. Well worth the effort, IMO.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
If this is working for anyone else please reply so it stays visible on the front page for others. I know it was a very frustrating issue for me, so maybe we can help some fellow posters.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login