How?

fang

Nov 29, 2010
Did we have such a good run from Cohen leaving to when Lemonis arrived? Really tumultuous, multiple coaches, bad press, Wes Johnson (I think) killing arms but we found a way to win. Would’ve been even more impressive if not for one Bobby Dalbec. Sitting here watching a coach that should be here and one that could’ve been here play for it all, and …….SMH

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Dwelling on negatives is a favorite pastime here. Don't rock the boat drunko!!!***

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Is it certain Schloss wanted to be here? Or just an assumption?
We pursued coaches with the best resumes in the country: Schloss, McDonnell, Tadlock, all with multiple trips to Omaha. We ended up hiring someone who had never made it to a Super as a head coach.

Logic, common sense, Occam’s razor all point to us going for the big fish (as we should), getting turned down, and then hiring the best coach we could.*

According to hearsay, message board mythology, and the delusion that every coach on the planet is dying to coach our baseball team, we pursued Schloss and then we decided not to hire him.

*-The best coach we could hire won the first national title in school history.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
Did we have such a good run from Cohen leaving to when Lemonis arrived? Really tumultuous, multiple coaches, bad press, Wes Johnson (I think) killing arms but we found a way to win. Would’ve been even more impressive if not for one Bobby Dalbec. Sitting here watching a coach that should be here and one that could’ve been here play for it all, and …….SMH
We are....

But seriously I'm bewildered by this as well. As I've said I just can't wrap my brain around how Lemonis took off like a rocket only to double back and blow the whole damn program up. Lemonis either got lazy, he's just incompetent, or some combination of the two.

Old Dawg

Jan 7, 2020
Is there anybody here with a glass half full? All I hear is what if, what if. Good grief Lemonis won a NC here at our MSU and all you hear is crap about another coach or coaches who have not. Give it a rest

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Is there anybody here with a glass half full? All I hear is what if, what if. Good grief Lemonis won a NC here at our MSU and all you hear is crap about another coach or coaches who have not. Give it a rest

I hear you, but good luck with shutting up those here who live to complain. They have an insatiable appetite for it.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
JC's players got us Omaha experience...Andy's recruits (or just Tanner Allen) won us a natty. It's that simple.
You forgot 5th year and 6th year seniors

Like Ole Miss
Like Texas A&M

Tenn just has out payed everyone. That simple.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Because only LSU, MSU, Ole Miss, Florida, UPig and Vandy were the only SEC programs even trying at that time.

Old Dawg

Jan 7, 2020
You forgot 5th year and 6th year seniors

Like Ole Miss
Like Texas A&M

Tenn just has out payed everyone. That simple.
Ok. Let's just take that NC banner down then. It's illegitimate according to what's being said.
When you've been around 69 years and there's not been another one, maybe you'll see differently.
Like I said, for most on here, the MSU mug is half empty.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
It's really not that simple at all, but possibly you are??

Bednar was kinda important.
Hey - question - what team owns the single game strikout record in Omaha? Who pitched that game?

Also, what teams have played error-less baseball in all games in Omaha?

Reactions: She Mate Me
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login