Howland’s clowns had an 8 point lead with 1:22 left……….

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
The "clowns" won by 11. This is the best looking team we have had in while. Hopefully they keep it up.

GTAdawg

Sep 11, 2010
Please go away. Don’t buy tickets. Don’t post here. Don’t donate. Don’t anything. Just stay away. I’ve seen people be banned for less around here. You are deserving.

Scottfield1

Nov 21, 2013
Perfect.

But what if they lose to Ole Miss?

I can tell you Bill Shankley would. The only thing that matters is beating Ole Miss. He wants to revert to no shot clock, three point line removed and players to wear short shorts that show players twigs and berries, as well as no dunks.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
And blew it. Going to overtime.

too much talent on this team for this team to suck like this.

You're still here? Seriously, an 8 point lead with 1:22 left is often overcome. I'm sure we have done it ourselves many times. Basketball is a game of runs. They managed to survive to make it to OT, then won by 11. Pretty, pretty good.

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013
The "clowns" won by 11. This is the best looking team we have had in while. Hopefully they keep it up.

So you logged back in with this shitposting account to contradict your other shitposting account? Damn you have a lot of free time.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
I can tell you Bill Shankley would. The only thing that matters is beating Ole Miss. He wants to revert to no shot clock, three point line removed and players to wear short shorts that show players twigs and berries, as well as no dunks.

Actually no. I WOULD like to revert back the the original college shot clock of 45 seconds. That leaves room for a bit more strategy and a little less run it down, make a few passes, and jack it up crap. I just wish we had had the three point line back when I was in school, Jeff Malone would have adjusted to shooting a step farther back and would have scored 30 a game at least. As someone who wore them, no bootie shorts EVER again. I didn't rock them THEN, and it would just be downright awful now, LOL! I still go to high school basketball without a shot clock. No thank you.

DoomSlayer

Jan 13, 2018
If anybody ever wondered if there was a person out there that wanted the 45 second clock (lol) back in basketball you have your answer.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
If anybody ever wondered if there was a person out there that wanted the 45 second clock (lol) back in basketball you have your answer.

If what you want is run it down, make a pass or two, and jack it up, then the current rules are your game. That's cool. I just like a little more deliberate approach with a bit more strategy. I would never want to go back to no shot clock though. I hate in high school. I can remember the game without it in college too. Those 5 minute possessions with no move at all to the basket suck, especially if you are behind. The only time I ever enjoyed it was my freshman year at State. We absolutely sucked, finished with a losing record and we're lucky to win many at all. A ranked Kentucky came in and Bob Boyd got a small lead and went to the four corners for about 3/4ths of the game. I wasn't even at the game the first half. Nobody really went back then. I had an big test coming up and was studying. I had it on the radio though. I told my roommate at the half I was headed to the game, we were actually winning. He said go ahead it won't last: I went and we won it! It was either the next year or the next that the SEC became one of the first conferences to implement a shot clock. Boring stuff, unless you were a crap team that somehow managed to get up on a ranked team!

DoomSlayer

Jan 13, 2018
Yea thanks for the history lesson but I’m fine with a shorter shot clock. Get into the offense and do what you’re gonna do. I can’t even imagine a Howland offense with a 45 second shot clock, just the thought of it is traumatic.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Yea thanks for the history lesson but I’m fine with a shorter shot clock. Get into the offense and do what you’re gonna do. I can’t even imagine a Howland offense with a 45 second shot clock, just the thought of it is traumatic.

You have a point there. He ain't exactly a half court wizard.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login