Howland’s Timeouts

Dawg1979

Jun 23, 2015
Maybe it’s just me, but i don’t think he understands the importance of having a timeout late in the game. He had called all of our second half timeouts somewhere around the 11 min mark. He does this all the time. You never see other coaches use them as poorly as him

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Howland is just not a good floor coach. It's one of the reasons we have had such trouble winning any close games down the stretch. And that has pretty much been true his entire time here.

PuebloDawg

Sep 29, 2021
You want to know the truth? He’s using his timeouts wisely. Why? Because if he doesn’t the team won’t be focused enough to even be close down the stretch.

The flipside (which Howland also realizes) is that no coach on the bench is capable of drawing up an offensive play or defensive set down the stretch to make a difference. Even if they were, players aren’t capable of executing. So…he’s using his timeouts correctly since he is so limited as a floor coach.

Sep 17, 2012
He called our last timeout right after we made a three, with 11:55 left in the second half. My jaw hit the floor. Wait till the next whistle and you get a TV timeout.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Honest question. What exactly are Howland's strengths these days? If it's not in game coaching, energizing the program, or recruiting, I'm starting to wonder what's left.

maroonthruandthru

Aug 24, 2012
A time out was called with 17:22 to go in the second half to leave us with one for the rest of the game. Then used the last one with 11:55 to go in the game. It’s been an issue all year. Honestly I don’t understand how you can get to the last 5-6 minutes of the game with only 1 timeout left or at times 0. You get media timeouts every 4 minutes once a whistle.

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
Its been an issue his whole time here. I've never understood it, but we rarely have a timeout left in the last 5 minutes.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login