Hubbard and NIL

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Gonna make a prediction that over this off season Hubbard will get the biggest NIL deal we’ve ever given a player. I think all the big boys will be after him this year. He’s a special player. Hopefully we can keep him.

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
He’s going to get some crazy offer(s) and be able to use them in negotiations. Supposedly Tolu had that happen a year ago. The cost of playing poker

Reactions: Anon1697564126

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Certainly deserves to be our highest paid by a large margin... but the big boys arent going to be all over him. He's a one trick pony. The one trick is good, but the big boys want more than just a shooter.

and if your hubbard, dont see how you can be in a better situation. Youve got the green light, and your not expected to do much else but score, which he does well.

• Haha
Reactions: JackShephard

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
Certainly deserves to be our highest paid by a large margin... but the big boys arent going to be all over him. He's a one trick pony. The one trick is good, but the big boys want more than just a shooter.

and if your hubbard, dont see how you can be in a better situation. Youve got the green light, and your not expected to do much else but score, which he does well.
He’s one of the most marketable basketball players to walk through those maroon & white doors in a generation. I think he’ll add a lot more Chuckie Evans drive and dish to his game next year.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012

1709132252169.gif

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
He’s one of the most marketable basketball players to walk through those maroon & white doors in a generation. I think he’ll add a lot more Chuckie Evans drive and dish to his game next year.
He needs too.. and if he does improve that, and his defense. Then the blue bloods will come calling.

But again, for him, I cant imagine a better situation. He's taken twice the shots of anyone on the team, has the ultimate green light. Isnt expected to distrubute or run the offense. His defense is poor, yet hardly comes off the floor.

He'd be a fool to leave at this point.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016

do you watch the 17ing games?

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Speaking of NIL, it looks like Jimmy Bell has been using his for Taco Bell. Dude has gained weight and is noticeably slower, WTF?

Reactions: HuntDawg

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Side bar... what a misnomer the term "NIL" is...

Their value is labor. Their ability is what drives these figures.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

We truly have the dumbest fans.

Reactions: HuntDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Side bar... what a misnomer the term "NIL" is...

Their value is labor. Their ability is what drives these figures.
I disagree with using the labor term for sports. It’s a false notion.

Their value should be success, or winning. It’s like it was said on Pony Excess, “show me a program that pays big money for 3-8, and I’ll show you a loser”.

I’m not paying just to ‘keep up’. That’s ridiculous and a bad use of our NIL.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008

It’s like you just keep trying to double up on dumb

Leodawg1990

Oct 4, 2023
Gonna make a prediction that over this off season Hubbard will get the biggest NIL deal we’ve ever given a player. I think all the big boys will be after him this year. He’s a special player. Hopefully we can keep him.

we are going to keep them, we are working on that now.

Reactions: ronpolk

Dogdazey

Nov 16, 2012

Not many in college have the ability to create their own shot. He's much more than a shooter. He can get his shot off at any time he'd like. Those aren't easy to come by. Plus he's just a freshman. Although I've been told money isn't an issue with him like others these days. Trust me, there will be plenty of lurkers around him, hopefully we can keep them at bay.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login