Hubbard NIL

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
We’ll have to fight off plenty of programs for Hubbard like we did with Tolu. OM isn’t one im really worried about. I think they’re headed for a coaching search anyway.

Reactions: Dawgg

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Heard from a reliable insider that Ole Miss is offering a blank NIL Check to flip.....thoughts? Possibility?
Historically they have not been able to compete with us with basketball boosters. But it doesn't matter as they aren't going to be our competition. Bigger programs are going to let him know NIL numbers regardless of whether he enters the portal or not, and he will decide whether he is going to leave or not. I assume some of the bigger names can write a check we won't match, but I don't know if Hubbard will be high enough on their target list that they will get to those numbers or not (it may be that he obviously is; I just haven't paid attention b/c we haven't had a guy like him since the NIL really took off).

If it were me writing the checks, I'd be pretty high on getting a player that has a great college game but enough questions about height to keep him on campus three years with the right NIL money.

Reactions: Anon1669338224

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Any truth to the rumor Chris Beard is already looking at other jobs because he feels "out of the spotlight" in Oxford?

patdog

May 28, 2007
We’ll have to fight off plenty of programs for Hubbard like we did with Tolu. OM isn’t one im really worried about. I think they’re headed for a coaching search anyway.
They just extended Beard's contract. He's still toxic to most programs.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Heard from a reliable insider that Ole Miss is offering a blank NIL Check to flip.....thoughts? Possibility?
Interesting. I heard the BI signed Hubbard to a 4 year contract and if Hubbard leaves early, he must repay everything he has collected up to that point, plus 19.83%.

My gut says neither of our posts are accurate.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
I'm only worried about Hubbard if Kentucky or Syracuse boosters get involved (sigh).

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
They just extended Beard's contract. He's still toxic to most programs.
Yea, he's going to get a better opportunity if he performs, but ADs at other programs are going to need more time or a much better performance from him to take the flak of hiring him.

Reactions: patdog

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
We should do likewise with Murrell just to drive their price up. If it’s true they offered a blank check or bizarre figure to Josh, that is.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I'm skeptical of the reliability of anyone reporting "blank check". Unlimited funds for one player. Unlikely.

ETA: As an engineer, I can confidently say that this is wrong; infinity and stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Also, can a play give some of his NIL money to another player?
Strictly speaking, I think the answer is yes. It's the player's money to do whatever they want with.

They could be paying the other player to appear on their social media channel, which would be a use of the other player's Name, Image, and Likeness and there's not a lot that can be done about that.

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
This type of move could lead to mutual destruction, say if they really went to absurd lengths to take one of our players or us one of theirs. It just drives the cost up at the end of the day

Dogdazey

Nov 16, 2012
I say let him go he takes to many dam shots anyway ****
So we are going to let the person that is the bonafide reason this team made the playoffs go, because he takes to many shots? Not to mention he takes those shots because we don't have another d1 guy on the team that can get their own shot off.

• Sad
Reactions: Anon1697564126

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
So we are going to let the person that is the bonafide reason this team made the playoffs go, because he takes to many shots? Not to mention he takes those shots because we don't have another d1 guy on the team that can get their own shot off.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login