Hunter Hines Combine

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023

Maybe this will bump his stock up a little more. Impressive exit velo numbers and distance on some of his tank shots(wood bat of course)

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021

Maybe this will bump his stock up a little more. Impressive exit velo numbers and distance on some of his tank shots(wood bat of course)
Did they throw him a curve because his exit velo would be "0".....

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Can’t be… Terd Taplay has the real scouting report. Guys like him don’t go high

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I’m pretty sure his exit velocity and distance were never in question by anyone, Mrs. Hines.

Thing is though, you don’t get extra RBI’s for hitting it 450 feet. Guys that can hit it 400 feet consistently and can do other things are going to excel over the ones that occasionally hit monster shots while on their way to a .218 / .320 / .750 season in A ball. And there are 15-20 or so draft eligible guys, just in the SEC, just in this year alone that can do just that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 85Bears

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I’m pretty sure his exit velocity and distance were never in question by anyone, Mrs. Hines.

Thing is though, you don’t get extra RBI’s for hitting it 450 feet. Guys that can hit it 400 feet consistently and can do other things are going to excel over the ones that occasionally hit monster shots while on their way to a .218 / .320 / .750 season in A ball. And there are 15-20 or so draft eligible guys, just in the SEC, just in this year alone that can do just that.
Highest exit velo at be combine
Led the cape in homers

He does more than just hit homers well enough to be a prospect..

but you like to make stuff up, lkke telling people 1 of his homers coming into this season was off lefties….

bet is still on the table.. if you still feel like your scouting report is better than the real scouts…. But like most of your takes, it’s dead wrong so you’ll come up with some
Long winded post as to why the bet is stupid for you to take

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
My scouting report actually says that you are still high.

To clarify, my definition of “high” in this instance, is under the influence of mind-altering hallucinogenics, or being of a general mental state that is so damaged that you always present similar symptoms as such on a day-to-day basis….all the time. Doesn’t really matter which of these is actually the case.

My definition of “high” as it relates to the MLB draft is Top 3 rounds. That’s the upper 6 figure / low 7 figure bonus range that largely disregards the financial aspect and has teams drafting based solely on talent / need. I don’t think Hines gets drafted here, and have not wavered on this opinion for over a year now.

Your definition of “high” as it relates to MLB draft position moved around so much that it was impossible to follow. You went from Top 3 to Top 15 to Top 5 to Top 10 to everywhere in between. You eventually reached a bet proposal to where if he actually got drafted where all the projections had him at the time, that neither of us would win the bet.

So yeah, I’m still disregarding your dumbasś bet, and even if it actually made more sense I’d never trust someone who legit thinks Dak Prescott isn’t a Top 15 NFL QB to pay me, anyway.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

To clarify, my definition of “high” in this instance, is under the influence of mind-altering hallucinogenics, or being of a general mental state that is so damaged that you always present similar symptoms as such on a day-to-day basis….all the time. Doesn’t really matter which of these is actually the case.

My definition of “high” as it relates to the MLB draft is Top 3 rounds. That’s the upper 6 figure / low 7 figure bonus range that largely disregards the financial aspect and has teams drafting based solely on talent / need. I don’t think Hines gets drafted here, and have not wavered on this opinion for over a year now.

Your definition of “high” as it relates to MLB draft position moved around so much that it was impossible to follow. You went from Top 3 to Top 15 to Top 5 to Top 10 to everywhere in between. You eventually reached a bet proposal to where if he actually got drafted where all the projections had him at the time, that neither of us would win the bet.

So yeah, I’m still disregarding your dumbasś bet, and even if it actually made more sense I’d never trust someone who legit thinks Dak Prescott isn’t a Top 15 NFL QB to pay me, anyway.
Typically terd. Long winded response that is a lot of talk and no substance… and when the rubber meets the road… he slowly backs away and comes up with excuses as to why.

Name anyone you want to hold the money. I’ll even change the bet to top 5 I win. After 10 you win. Anywhere in the middle I’ll give you 100 bucks.

but again you’ll back away from that as well… because even you don’t believe the **** you spew out of your mouth enough to actually back it up

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

And btw: you actually said Hines had no chance of being drafted in the top 5 rounds.

so while your long winded response of what you supposedly said and what you are standing by is actually full of **** as well.

I arrived at top 5 rounds only because you said it would never happen… then you flipped to top 3…. However as stated above you’ve posted here that Hines had no chance of being drafted top 5… and have back peddled from that since

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Season 1 Drama GIF by PBS

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
It's like yall haven't watched him play. Nobody questions his exit velo, it's his actual ability to be a good hitter that's the question mark. He regressed a ton this year overall. MLB loves some .230, 20 HR guys.

Last edited:

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Typically terd. Long winded response that is a lot of talk and no substance… and when the rubber meets the road… he slowly backs away and comes up with excuses as to why.

Excuses? What rubber has met what road? You said he’d be a “high draft pick”. Somehow or another, you settled on Top 5 rounds as equaling “high draft pick”. I never agreed with that stance, regardless of whether he goes that high or not.

And, you’re the one who backed your stance by saying, on an uncountable number of occasions, that he was projected to go Top 3 rounds out of high school. On the same number of occasions, you were unable to provide any sources on that projection, but you remained undeterred in your enthusiasm. But now, somehow his worst-case outlook has dropped - according to you - by 2 rounds. I asked you what happened? How’s he a Top 3 round pick out of high school but only Top 5 rounds after 3 years of development in the SEC and the Cape? Of course, you failed to answer….ever.

Name anyone you want to hold the money. I’ll even change the bet to top 5 I win. After 10 you win. Anywhere in the middle I’ll give you 100 bucks.
Hold what money? How much money? The $100 you say that you’re just gonna pay me if he goes in Rounds 6-10? I suppose you can hold that money, I guess?

Maybe one day you’ll realize that nobody cares about your dumbasś bets. Nothing about what you say holds any more merit based on your willingness to bet money on it. I’m fine with being right without there being anything in it for me, believe it or not.

And btw: you actually said Hines had no chance of being drafted in the top 5 rounds.

Never thought he “no chance”, but I do firmly believe he will not get taken in that range without having to provide a discount. By the way, neither do MLB scouts, if you read that latest article posted above.

I arrived at top 5 rounds only because you said it would never happen… then you flipped to top 3…. However as stated above you’ve posted here that Hines had no chance of being drafted top 5… and have back peddled from that since

I think neither happens, and have never backpedaled on that. I feel pretty damn confident Top 3 rounds is a 0% chance. Top 5 rounds brings in some variability with the signing bonuses, but I still think its unlikely he gets taken there even considering that.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login