Hunter Hines - Lets not Overlook his Impressive Start ...

wrapit

Nov 30, 2008
I've been very impressed with the Freshman's approach and results at the plate so far.
He seems very mature in pitch selection.

1. Was Hines highly rated coming out of HS? What did he hit in HS? All-American?
2. Did we expect him to start and contribute so early?

WutheringDawg

Dec 4, 2010
Hines and Downs have been the two guys who look most comfortable at the plate this year. Hines was 500th nationally by Perfect game and Downs was 107. Both need every day at bats

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Hines was a fantastic scout by this staff. We committed him his junior year when he was hitting about .260

WTNduck35

Dec 28, 2021
Dude is gonna be special for us. His approach has been night and day compared to the rest of the team for some reason. He hit that ball Sunday a freaking mile. I mean the right fielder barely even moved. It would have been way out of our stadium, which would make 2 he has hit out of it.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Agree. I am impressed with him so far. The only issue is that muscle-up swing i see every once in awhile. He needs to trust relaxing his chest to make that swing and it will be quicker. He doesn't need any extra power to hit it out anywhere.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
You’ll find out next year that he’s a very good defender at first base as well. Nate Lowe/Wes Rea caliber in the field.

Ace-Leroy

Aug 23, 2012
Hines and Downs have been the two guys who look most comfortable at the plate this year. Hines was 500th nationally by Perfect game and Downs was 107. Both need every day at bats

I think the same thing. Both of these guys need to be in the lineup every day.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login