Huntsville

TNT.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
Headed to Huntsville with my 2 adult sons to see Sturgill next week. We're only there for one night - the night of the show. Need suggestions for dinner and best bars to hit downtown before the show.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Ain’t nern. Chains and bleh bars, that’s what HSV is.

Good outdoor scene, though, if you’re into that sort of thing.

Is Humphreys still downtown?

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Chuckwagon BBQ was fantastic at the old location.

But other than that, Huntsville is somewhat meh.

Oct 3, 2008
Headed to Huntsville with my 2 adult sons to see Sturgill next week. We're only there for one night - the night of the show. Need suggestions for dinner and best bars to hit downtown before the show.

Domain South is probably the best restaurant downtown right now that won’t cost you an arm and a leg (Cotton Row). The entrance is a bit difficult to find, so go into the larger building from Spring St and you’ll see the restaurant inside.

Sip is a solid whiskey & cigar bar. The smoking room is enclosed with separate ventilation if you don’t want to partake in the cigar smoke

Domain South Wine Bar is a 2nd location with tappas and small plates.

Purveyor is another solid restaurant/bar option.

Baker and Able is a great rooftop bar at the 106 Jefferson hotel. Best view downtown.
Away from downtown and closer to The Orion Amphitheater:

Campus 805 has both Yellowhammer and Straight To Ale breweries. Decent food at each.

Stovehouse has Brewers Co-Op and several outdoor food options.

Blue Oak BBQ in Mid-City is walking distance to The Orion

Connors Steak & Seafood in Bridge Street is a short drive to The Orion

I’ll be at Sturgill and will probably grab a bite to eat at one of the food trucks parked inside the gates at The Orion. FYI - the more expensive drinks are on the first level of the Orion. Slightly cheaper beer options as you go upstairs.

Last edited:

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Connor's in Bridge Street is good. It's sort of a limited chain. You can make a reservation on Open Table. If you like TexMex, go to Rosie's - local with a couple locations. Both are close to Orion. I've never been, but Prohibition seems to be a popular bar, located on Zierdt Rd in Town Madison, just south of Madison Blvd and the 565.

If you want downtown, check here: https://www.downtownhuntsville.org/dining. Stovehouse on Governors Drive has a bunch of restaurants, maybe some bars. It seems to be a popular place.

There are also several restaurants in MidCity, which is where Orion is, some within walking distance. https://www.midcitydistrict.com/

Reactions: notthisshitagain

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Just bar crawl around downtown. There’s plenty of places. Catacombs is a great speakeasy, but might be tough to get into. Domain South is delicious. Jack Browns is the best burger in town. Purveyor and Mazarra’s are good. Orion also brings in food trucks. So you can get a solid poboy or slice of pizza there. It’s a great way to get some fresh air during a set break.

If you can find yourself at Baker & Able after midnight you might bump into Sturgill. A lot of Orion late nights end up there.

I’ll be at the show. Billy Strings is the next weekend.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login