Hutzler coaching Dallas D today?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
There's no telling if Dak had somebody to throw to besides CD Lamb. Those two are carrying the offense all by their self.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The Saints are killing it and may finally get respect from the rest of the league. All they need is a quarterback, and they found one.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
No pressure, missed assignments, getting beat up front, missed tackles, wide open receivers everywhere.
Local radio broadcast says it’s a Saints home game. And they keep bringing up the Packers playoff debacle, like it’s some how related. Just getting absolutely out coached and out executed.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Dak is making too much money to make throws like that. 34-13 Saints . What a crap fest.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
When it rains, it pours. At least it's early in the season. It's not much worse than a game over at halftime.

At least it was in the middle of a field where they could see the receiver fell, but they'll still blame Dak for it.

Just a really bad weekend of being a Mississippi State football fan.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Dak can’t play D and run the routes. About time people stopped meat riding Micah Parsons. How about you force a punt? Just one.

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
I laugh every year, this time a little earlier than usual, at you guys thinking this year will be different. The team is owned by an idiot who lets his douche bag son make the player personal decisions. And to top it off, they’ve hired a well below average head coach.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

boatsandhoes

Sep 6, 2012
I knew it was his fault; now we know what to ask him. Why are you so selfish?
376MM two players. Who’s going to block, who is going to run it, who’s going to play defense with that payroll.

Brady continually took less to field a better team. I like Dak, and I support him but taking all the payroll is selfish and stupid if you want to win.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
376MM two players. Who’s going to block, who is going to run it, who’s going to play defense with that payroll.

Brady continually took less to field a better team. I like Dak, and I support him but taking all the payroll is selfish and stupid if you want to win.
Brady was married to a Super Model that made more than he did.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

This is dumb as hell. Dak could have agreed to play this season for a total salary of $1 as part of the new extension, and it wouldn’t have made a damn bit of difference in the supporting cast he had out there today.

Dallas is soft as 17 on defense. Their DT tandem might be the worst in the whole NFL. They’d have tens of millions more in cap room for help if they had just given Dak and CeeDee their record-breaking extensions last year. Instead, they let the records get broken multiple times at both positions by other players before they finally got off their asses and paid exactly what both agents demanded based on the market. Jerry Jones doing Jerry Jones things per usual.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

This is dumb as hell. Dak could have agreed to play this season for a total salary of $1 as part of the new extension, and it wouldn’t have made a damn bit of difference in the supporting cast he had out there today.

Dallas is soft as 17 on defense. Their DT tandem might be the worst in the whole NFL. They’d have tens of millions more in cap room for help if they had just given Dak and CeeDee their record-breaking extensions last year. Instead, they let the records get broken multiple times at both positions by other players before they finally got off their asses and paid exactly what both agents demanded based on the market. Jerry Jones doing Jerry Jones things per usual

boatsandhoes

Sep 6, 2012

Dallas is soft as 17 on defense. Their DT tandem might be the worst in the whole NFL. They’d have tens of millions more in cap room for help if they had just given Dak and CeeDee their record-breaking extensions last year. Instead, they let the records get broken multiple times at both positions by other players before they finally got off their asses and paid exactly what both agents demanded based on the market. Jerry Jones doing Jerry Jones things per usual.
what are we arguing exactly?
That you’ll never win championships when your QB and diva receiver take 3/4 of the payroll?
That 248 million career earrings are not enough to share for other weapons https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/19089/dak-prescott
That it wouldn’t matter if he gave it up because the GM wouldn’t do dick with the extra cash?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
what are we arguing exactly?
That you’ll never win championships when your QB and diva receiver take 3/4 of the payroll?
That 248 million career earrings are not enough to share for other weapons https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/19089/dak-prescott
That it wouldn’t matter if he gave it up because the GM wouldn’t do dick with the extra cash?

Don’t know what you are arguing, but I’m arguing that the Cowboys had an obvious path to not giving 3/4 of the payroll to the QB/WR. It’s called, extend your best players as soon as you can, and don’t expect any player - ever - to take a discount in the prime of their career. It’s always going to be a max deal or near max deal for Top 5 players at a position.

Take Dak for example. Could have extended him 2 years ago and gotten him through 2027ish for $45-$50 million per year. That would have been a record QB deal. Could have extended him last year for $50-55 million. Also would have been a record QB deal. Doing either would have also provided cap flexibility to not have such a huge hit this season. Instead, Jerry dragged things out to the 11th hour, knowing the whole time there was no Plan B. His bluff was called, and he had to fork over another $20 million on top of the previous record deal. That mistake cost JJ anywhere from $20 million to $60 million against the cap.

Lamb was less egregious, but he still got the maximum possible deal for him. Just barely less than Justin Jefferson, who has been a far better and more productive receiver even though he’s had a worse QB for most of his career.

You can’t blame Dak for wanting his value at any given point in time. That is the stated goal for the NFLPA and their agents. They are always going for max money. Not only for themselves, but for the next guy.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login