HVU Donation

86ed

Sophomore
Jul 23, 2001
62
147
33
I have been thinking about making a donation to Happy Valley United lately. I guess in this new world of NIL all of us need to step up and start writing some checks. While I am by no means a millionaire, I do have some disposable income. Some questions:

Does 100% of my donation go to benefit student athletes? Or does this organization take a cut for operating expenses?

How big is that cut?

Are there any member benefits to joining HVU? I remember a meet and greet with players but that level of giving was way out of my league.

Any guidance is appreciated. And if someone here has other questions about HVU please add to my short list above.
 

LaJollaCreek

Heisman
May 29, 2001
5,084
10,610
113
I have been thinking about making a donation to Happy Valley United lately. I guess in this new world of NIL all of us need to step up and start writing some checks. While I am by no means a millionaire, I do have some disposable income. Some questions:

Does 100% of my donation go to benefit student athletes? Or does this organization take a cut for operating expenses?

How big is that cut?

Are there any member benefits to joining HVU? I remember a meet and greet with players but that level of giving was way out of my league.

Any guidance is appreciated. And if someone here has other questions about HVU please add to my short list above.
@stank65 is a great resource for HVU questions.
 
Last edited:

Midnighter

Heisman
Jan 22, 2021
12,758
21,195
113
I have been thinking about making a donation to Happy Valley United lately. I guess in this new world of NIL all of us need to step up and start writing some checks. While I am by no means a millionaire, I do have some disposable income. Some questions:

Does 100% of my donation go to benefit student athletes? Or does this organization take a cut for operating expenses?

How big is that cut?

Are there any member benefits to joining HVU? I remember a meet and greet with players but that level of giving was way out of my league.

Any guidance is appreciated. And if someone here has other questions about HVU please add to my short list above.

If you're concerned about overhead and/or redirecting your funds to wherever HVU deems appropriate, find the email address for whatever players you want to support, contact them, and tell them you'd like to pay them to do a FaceTime chat with your son who is a big Penn State fan. Then Venmo them whatever you want.
 

GrimReaper

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
6,419
8,876
113
If you're concerned about overhead and/or redirecting your funds to wherever HVU deems appropriate, find the email address for whatever players you want to support, contact them, and tell them you'd like to pay them to do a FaceTime chat with your son who is a big Penn State fan. Then Venmo them whatever you want.
That is actually a very sensible idea, but I'm sure the powers that be will have rules in place to fu@k it up.
 

LB99

Heisman
Oct 27, 2021
10,776
15,669
113
I have been thinking about making a donation to Happy Valley United lately. I guess in this new world of NIL all of us need to step up and start writing some checks. While I am by no means a millionaire, I do have some disposable income. Some questions:

Does 100% of my donation go to benefit student athletes? Or does this organization take a cut for operating expenses?

How big is that cut?

Are there any member benefits to joining HVU? I remember a meet and greet with players but that level of giving was way out of my league.

Any guidance is appreciated. And if someone here has other questions about HVU please add to my short list above.
If you really want to benefit a PSU student cause, you could contribute to those of us paying full tuition for our PSU students. I’ll send you my Venmo and we can set up a meet and greet with my son at one of the on campus dining halls. 100% of your donation will go towards his tuition bill.
 

GrimReaper

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
6,419
8,876
113
If you really want to benefit a PSU student cause, you could contribute to those of us paying full tuition for our PSU students. I’ll send you my Venmo and we can set up a meet and greet with my son at one of the on campus dining halls. 100% of your donation will go towards his tuition bill.
Franklin would consider that to be misalignment.
 

86ed

Sophomore
Jul 23, 2001
62
147
33
If you really want to benefit a PSU student cause, you could contribute to those of us paying full tuition for our PSU students. I’ll send you my Venmo and we can set up a meet and greet with my son at one of the on campus dining halls. 100% of your donation will go towards his tuition bill.
I feel your pain. My son just graduated from Dear Ole State 9 months ago. I am well aware of the cost.
 

CvilleElksCoach

All-Conference
Feb 1, 2005
1,402
3,836
93
If you're concerned about overhead and/or redirecting your funds to wherever HVU deems appropriate, find the email address for whatever players you want to support, contact them, and tell them you'd like to pay them to do a FaceTime chat with your son who is a big Penn State fan. Then Venmo them whatever you want.
That won’t happen.
 

CvilleElksCoach

All-Conference
Feb 1, 2005
1,402
3,836
93
I have been thinking about making a donation to Happy Valley United lately. I guess in this new world of NIL all of us need to step up and start writing some checks. While I am by no means a millionaire, I do have some disposable income. Some questions:

Does 100% of my donation go to benefit student athletes? Or does this organization take a cut for operating expenses?

How big is that cut?

Are there any member benefits to joining HVU? I remember a meet and greet with players but that level of giving was way out of my league.

Any guidance is appreciated. And if someone here has other questions about HVU please add to my short list above.
14% to expenses and overhead Which is reasonable
 
Last edited:
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football There's no one fix but Penn State's Run Game Problems Trace Back to the Left Side of the Line
  2. 02 BWI Football Here's how Chip Kelly Broke The Penn State defense. Can other teams replicate it?
  3. 03 BWI Football In July, Pat Kraft thought Penn State was "poised to have a really exciting year." So far, it's been anything but
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State Defensive Film Thread: Reviewing the Gory Details of a 400-Yard Rushing Performance
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State has an identity problem. Matt Campbell knows fixing it starts with him