I’m glad Dakota

Nov 20, 2023
Hell I’m super proud of him and his better approach at the plate his 5th time up was it? Or 4th? Today has been on hell of a stressful and hard day for me. Either way go Dakota Jordan now go on a tear! Hopefully HH will get it really going he just missed one today I believe although Larry got his HR robbed by a great catch.

Reactions: onewoof

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Hell I’m super proud of him and his better approach at the plate his 5th time up was it? Or 4th? Today has been on hell of a stressful and hard day for me. Either way go Dakota Jordan now go on a tear! Hopefully HH will get it really going he just missed one today I believe although Larry got his HR robbed by a great catch.
As Polk would say:

That's baseball

Reactions: DawgsNCowboys87

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Broadcasters, MLB scouts, etc., Dakota Jordan is one of the best players in college baseball, an early round MLB pick. SPS, he sucks, bench him!.
DJ and Hines have been historically putrid for well over a month now, and no MLB draft prognostication is going to change that. That said, I said last night that we also won't make it to Omaha without them, and it was great to nearly see both of them hit it out. If they're going to have 4-6 combined SOs every game, they just have to bring the long balls too and hopefully last night was the start of something special

Reactions: eckie1

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
It's absolutely insane that they would intentionally walk Mershon to get to him. But then again his previous 3 ABs resulted in 3 Ks from 9 total pitches. Hope he's ready ready today.

notYaBoy

Mar 5, 2018
D1 Baseball's article on our game last night had a lengthy section on his struggles. I thought it was interesting to kind of hear his take on the mental struggles of the slump.

Dakota Jordan texted his Mississippi State teammates last week in Hoover. ...
His text promised an improvement in his non-verbal communication. No more sulking. Jordan guaranteed better body language. Even if he wasn’t finding hits, he was going to show confidence.

Over the next week, Jordan went back to the tee, back to the cages, meeting with Bulldogs hitting coach Jake Geatreau every day, determined to break free from his struggles when Mississippi State opened NCAA tournament play in the Charlottesville Regional. As much as any swing adjustment or mechanical fix, Gautreau and the coaching staff were trying to get Jordan to clear his mind, to remain positive and know the Bulldogs have confidence in him.

3dawgnight

Aug 27, 2012
I get as frustrated as anyone with DJ and HH struggles but I try to remind myself that these kids care about their performance much more than I do.

Reactions: Double Dawg

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
are you saying 1 for 40 doesn’t suck? mlb rates on tools - MSU fans rate on production
I know, I was giving props to our fans who know much more about baseball than coach's, scouts, broadcasters and other experts.

It's pretty common to bench the greats when they are in a slump.

Last edited:

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
I get as frustrated as anyone with DJ and HH struggles but I try to remind myself that these kids care about their performance much more than I do.
my kids live to eat ……chocolate and ice cream but doesn’t mean it’s the best thing for them

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login