I’ve seen two different people on X saying or insinuating some higher ups are standing in way of the Lebby hire

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
Lebby has officially signed the contract and will be landing in Starkville tonight. Stuff like what you're seeing here is BS.
Good. I was hoping that was the case and figured we would have heard from an official source if there were issues, but it made me wonder since he hadn’t been announced. I quit paying much attention to the coaching search once I thought it was pretty much over.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I think there’s a lot of support for Lebby’s hire in the Athletic Department and Allen Hall.

gcdawg

Nov 12, 2023
Lebby has officially signed the contract and will be landing in Starkville tonight. Stuff like what you're seeing here is BS.
If that is true, and Lord knows I hope it is, What do you think is the hold up with the official press release?

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
If that is true, and Lord knows I hope it is, What do you think is the hold up with the official press release?
Is there a hold up? Do we really need a press release? Two different OU sites have reported that he officially accepted the job today.

Lebby will be at Bryan field tonight. That will be as official as it gets.

Reactions: Anon1669338224

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Not saying things aren’t trending that way, but if he had signed the actual contract it would have certainly leaked to Thamel, Dellenger, and/or Feldman.

He might have simply signed a memorandum of understanding which binds him to become the next coach provided that both parties continue to negotiate the final contract in good faith. This would still effectively end the search, but it ain’t official until the actual contract is signed.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Not saying things aren’t trending that way, but if he had signed the actual contract it would have certainly leaked to Thamel, Dellenger, and/or Feldman.

He might have simply signed a memorandum of understanding which binds him to become the next coach provided that both parties continue to negotiate the final contract in good faith. This would still effectively end the search, but it ain’t official until the actual contract is signed.
It's been signed. You'll get that confirmation in minutes probably

Reactions: Perd Hapley

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Crowd barricades up and lighting currently being assembled on the ramp at MSU Flight Ops. Do some of you think Selmon is going to have a press conference in the dark by himself? LOL!

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It's been signed. You'll get that confirmation in minutes probably
Cool. If so, I’m guessing some glad handing and team meeting tonight, followed by the actual press conference tomorrow morning. Good move to get it in the Monday news cycle.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
His name is Forrest. Forrest Hughes
Happy Academy Awards GIF

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login