I’ve watched more than 40 years of MSU football

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
And I can say that I feel sorry for this team. I‘ve seen other teams that fought among themselves and had bad team chemistry. Not this team, and I’m proud of them because they keep getting up. It must be hard because they are so poorly coached and constantly in the wrong position. Seems everyone is pulling the rope in a different direction. We can’t blow up this staff soon enough.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
And I can say that I feel sorry for this team. I‘ve seen other teams that fought among themselves and had bad team chemistry. Not this team, and I’m proud of them because they keep getting up. It must be hard because they are so poorly coached and constantly in the wrong position. Seems everyone is pulling the rope in a different direction. We can’t blow up this staff soon enough.
I could not agree with this any stronger. Remember when we started getting all the run it back announcements and we are Leachs last class Yada Yada. It was so exciting and inspiring and just look what we are putting these kids thru. Why haven't they just quit ? I also feel terrible for these guys, esp the seniors. Edited to add you can't convince me that Arnept didn't quit a few games ago

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019
I’m right there with you. 40yrs+ of following State football. I’ve seen some incredible bad football in all those years. I mean really bad! But this year I’ve been at every home game and watched every away game. This year has been some of the worst. Fix it or I’m done. This is unacceptable for me as a fan to pay all these expenses to watch and cheer for this.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
Very reminiscent of the Croom years. You know the players are giving all they have but they are in no position to succeed. The team has not played a complete game of football all year, not one thing has improved. It's week 12. And the coaches clearly do not know how to get out of this. I feel terrible for the players, but they will jump ship in the portal.

If this staff is kept we will get destroyed... and we will deserve it.

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
... you can't convince me that Arnept didn't quit a few games ago
He's hopeless and miserable. He has no way out of high paying nightmare that's pretty clearly above his head. He's pretty much dead in the water on the sidelines.

Which brings up a question:
What is he doing on the sidelines? He's not coaching up players. He's not involved w defensive or offensive scheme/playcalling obviously
What does he do?

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I don't think there has been as much incompetence in coaching this team since Charlie Shira was head coach... even Croom and Morehead could put up a fight...
I’m not sure it was Charlie Shiras’s coaching that was so bad back in the 60’s. We just couldn’t recruit with almost anyone. It’s hard to say for sure. We had a few really good players during that era but they were few and far between. Joe Reed, Tommy Pharr, Sammy Milner, David Smith, and Big Hoyle Grangier (sp) come to my feeble old mind.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
It’s the only reason I’m going to the egg bowl. These older guys have played their asses off for msu the last few years. They’ve been through a lot and deserve our support even though it’s been a horrible year

Oct 31, 2014
Very reminiscent of the Croom years. You know the players are giving all they have but they are in no position to succeed. The team has not played a complete game of football all year, not one thing has improved. It's week 12. And the coaches clearly do not know how to get out of this. I feel terrible for the players, but they will jump ship in the portal.

If this staff is kept we will get destroyed... and we will deserve it.
Improved? This team is worse in week 11 than it was in week 3. That's on the coaches.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I feel bad for a select few. Jett, Bookie, Woody, and maybe Rogers to some degree. As ready as I am for this entire staff to go, though, I can’t sit through the last two weeks’ embarrassment and give the players a pass. That level of quit goes beyond poor coaching, and it says something when former leaders like Slay, Forbes, and Errol are on social media all dogging this team.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I’m right there with you. 40yrs+ of following State football. I’ve seen some incredible bad football in all those years. I mean really bad! But this year I’ve been at every home game and watched every away game. This year has been some of the worst. Fix it or I’m done. This is unacceptable for me as a fan to pay all these expenses to watch and cheer for this.
I am on that bus with you guys. Right now I’ve quit griping about it and posting about the fact that this is the most inept coaching I’ve ever seen and just waiting for the next coach to show. I hope I’m not waiting until next year.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login