I am watching the Florida and VT game and there batter impeding the catcher

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
is illegal according to the umpires again. The batter stepped across the plate to the other batters box after being called out on strikes which made the catcher have to double clutch her throws even though the batter had cleared where the catcher could throw the ball without hitting the batter. They reviewed it and called it interference on the batter and called the runner that was stealing out at second. They never touched each other.

Somebody let the softball team know to double clutch.**

hoopsb4baseball

Mar 12, 2022
That sounds like a different situation. Even Ricketts said she’d never seen our particular situation happen before in her lifetime as a player or coach. I do think that we need to learn how to not strand 11 base runners in 8 innings though.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
That sounds like a different situation. Even Ricketts said she’d never seen our particular situation happen before in her lifetime as a player or coach. I do think that we need to learn how to not strand 11 base runners in 8 innings though.

True. I was just being a smart aleck.

Willowdawg

Dec 25, 2020
I've been watching alot of the games the last couple of weeks, and I've noticed that the interference call and the leaving early seem to be a big part of the softball game. They aren't afraid to call it.

hoopsb4baseball

Mar 12, 2022
Oh okay cool. After that bummer of a game I’m all for smart aleck comments for sure. I just hope we can at least extend to a game three but it feels like Arizona has more of a, “been there done that” mentality. I hope I’m wrong.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Our catcher pushed the batter out of the way after the batter had stumbled. Should have been a no call, but if we hadn’t pushed the batter we still would have only got the out at first. The walk to the number 7 batter caused us the game.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Our catcher pushed the batter out of the way after the batter had stumbled. Should have been a no call, but if we hadn’t pushed the batter we still would have only got the out at first. The walk to the number 7 batter caused us the game.

Without the interference call Arizona would not have scored the tying run (assuming everything else happened the same way) in the 7th because there would have been 2 outs with the runners on and the fly ball would have been the 3rd out rather than a sac fly. Sad part is that if our catcher had actually fielded the ball it would not have been interference, but since she made contact with the runner and our pitcher was the one who fielded and threw it was interference. Seems like there would be an exception when a defender is attempting to field the ball but the runner blocks the path where they can't but I guess there isn't.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login