I barley know how to read

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I watched Dune back in the 80’s, didn’t get it, didn’t like it. Watched the remake a couple of months ago, it wasn’t any better than the original. I’ll probably only watch part 2 if there is rain and some sort of debilitating injury involved.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007

Worst sci-fi crap ever made. It should even miss the cut for MST3000.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
I tried to watch the original Dune movie. In my opinion, it 17ing sucked.

I won't waste my time with these new Dune movies . . . unless someone offers me a suitcase full of cash to watch.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
Good action sci-fi movies
It ain’t that serious

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I loved the first book and both of these first movies.

The story gets a bit esoteric from here and I never even finished the third book.

Reactions: 17itdawg

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Dune isn’t stupid but it is difficult to adapt to film.

Like other works of epic fiction, its best adaptations are going to be limited series or miniseries. That said, Villeneuve has done an outstanding job.
Until he completely reversed the ending. 17 that woke *** ********.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I tried to watch the original Dune movie. In my opinion, it 17ing sucked.

I won't waste my time with these new Dune movies . . . unless someone offers me a suitcase full of cash to watch.
I think the remake is easier to follow and understand than the 80s version.

Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
I watched the 1st one and have no idea what happened. The 2nd looks cool but I can't watch 3hrs and feel lost the whole time.
Wife disagrees though... must be an intuition type of plot.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
The Second movie was way too long. Also they kind of made Zendaya’s character a whiney nag bc I guess it wasn’t woke enough for her to be broken hearted the man she loved had to marry someone else for political reasons so she had to have her Beyoncé moment or whatever. When it comes to art progressives have sent us backward. Imagine how “problematic” Romeo & Juliet would be now.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
The Second movie was way too long. Also they kind of made Zendaya’s character a whiney nag bc I guess it wasn’t woke enough for her to be broken hearted the man she loved had to marry someone else for political reasons so she had to have her Beyoncé moment or whatever. When it comes to art progressives have sent us backward. Imagine how “problematic” Romeo & Juliet would be now.
So, all of this to simply say

We get it.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Dune isn’t stupid but it is difficult to adapt to film.

Like other works of epic fiction, its best adaptations are going to be limited series or miniseries. That said, Villeneuve has done an outstanding job.
Said the exact same thing to my wife. I love epic fiction, but I've never found Dune to be anything other than just ok, and I told my wife that it should have been an Amazon 10-part series with multiple seasons. There are some great characters, but not enough time to build most of them up

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Did not like the original in the 80s, I guess it was to cerebral being use to Star Wars simplicity. The new Dune remake was a little tedious, but it loss me after the House of Atreides the ''greatest fighting force in the galaxy" is skull drug in 10 minutes. After 6 months I decided to pick it up after that sequence and actually enjoyed the rest of the movie. I will probably watch Dune 2 assuming they don't do something stupid with the plot. BTW, the books were good.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Did not like the original in the 80s, I guess it was to cerebral being use to Star Wars simplicity. The new Dune remake was a little tedious, but it loss me after the House of Atreides the ''greatest fighting force in the galaxy" is skull drug in 10 minutes. After 6 months I decided to pick it up after that sequence and actually enjoyed the rest of the movie. I will probably watch Dune 2 assuming they don't do something stupid with the plot. BTW, the books were good.
The first one is better the second time. I was sort of bored with it the first time around.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login