I can't pull for Ole Miss

Bourbon Dog

Sep 28, 2022
in any sports competition, no matter who they may be playing. However, my local drinking establishment has a weekly pick sheet and I must choose the winner for the Sharks vs Jimbos this weekend. We don't consider point spread, just straight up who will win. A&M is at home, but I am not sure about them. Any sarcastic advise is welcome, but I need to choose wisely. Fire away.

Oct 17, 2022
Very tough pick, I would call that a 50/50 game. It’s one of those I would stay away from if playing a parlay. Not even sure who aggie is going to start at q b, weiggman rumored to possible play.

my gut says pick a & m

Reactions: Dawgtini

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Be true to yourself.

If you can't pull for Ole Miss at all, then pick aTm.

If the establishment has really cool & perhaps lucrative prizes and you like the prizes, then sometimes you have to bite the bullet.

Just be sure to disparage the Rebels when you do pick them. It might make you feel better.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
in any sports competition, no matter who they may be playing. However, my local drinking establishment has a weekly pick sheet and I must choose the winner for the Sharks vs Jimbos this weekend. We don't consider point spread, just straight up who will win. A&M is at home, but I am not sure about them. Any sarcastic advise is welcome, but I need to choose wisely. Fire away.
I don't think this is a hard decision. It's 50/50. If Jimbo hasn't completely lost the locker room, they should be able to run it down UM's throat and they have the athletes to keep their offense in check. On the other hand, Jimbo.

Only way I'd pick Ole Miss is if this game was the deciding game on who is going to win and you wanted to hedge your bets, where you either win money or enjoy ole miss losing.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
TAMU is on the cusp of an implosion. I think this weekend they quit before the games over.

Reactions: patdog

Augustus McCrae

Aug 25, 2012
This one is tricky. On one hand I like A&M at home likely playing with desperation. On the other hand they may have mailed it in for the year. You never know which Jimbo you’ll get from week to week. Good luck!

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I don't think this is a hard decision. It's 50/50. If Jimbo hasn't completely lost the locker room, they should be able to run it down UM's throat and they have the athletes to keep their offense in check. On the other hand, Jimbo.

Only way I'd pick Ole Miss is if this game was the deciding game on who is going to win and you wanted to hedge your bets, where you either win money or enjoy ole miss losing.
I'd say Jimbo HAS completely lost the locker room considering it's now a weed friendly zone but I think A&M can still pull it off even if they are all higher than a kite. Hell it ain't like you're bettin' the farm; have fun with it and don't hedge.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
May be a situation like State’s game with Kentucky. Their back is against the wall. I honestly have no idea who to pick in that game.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
You take Ole Miss. If they lose you’re happy because OM lost. If they win, at least you get something out of it.

Taz_Man

Nov 9, 2017
Take A&M, they are starting their true freshman quarterback. Translation is he will be starting his Heisman campaign for next year by lighting up the rebs for 300+ yards passing and 100+ yards rushing.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
I had this thought on Monday and I think Brian aluded to it today on T&L, in which they didn't argue much (thank goodness)

aTm is either going to get trounced because of their turmoil or they are going to come together and play their best game of the year

Here's what I think will happen - aTm's defense is good and their turmoil has largely been on the offensive side of the ball. OM doesn't play much D, so the Aggie offense will have a fighting chance. Because aTm's defense is pretty damn good, OM won't be able to just run up and score whenever they want. I don't expect aTm to beat them like LSU did... but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

27 Aggies
24 OM

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
A&M are dangerous at this point. They are somewhere between a rock and nothing to lose. They will go all out to win this game plus the stadium is going to be loud.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
This is OMs second road game of the year against a team with equal or better talent. I predict they will be 0-2.

Reactions: Dawgtini
Sep 29, 2022
Uh, when gambling, you pick the team you THINK will win/cover, regardless of who you WANT to win. If you gamble based on which team you like better, then maybe you shouldn't be gambling. This is not complicated.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
Uh, when gambling, you pick the team you THINK will win/cover, regardless of who you WANT to win. If you gamble based on which team you like better, then maybe you shouldn't be gambling. This is not complicated.
I agree, but the OP said this a weekly pick sheet with no point spread. That’s not really gambling unless it’s expensive to enter the pick sheet.

Sep 29, 2022
I agree, but the OP said this a weekly pick sheet with no point spread. That’s not really gambling unless it’s expensive to enter the pick sheet.
Right, but I'm assuming the pick sheet has some sort of prize based on getting the most games right, which is what pick sheets are for. If the goal is just to circle the teams you like the most, then sure, go with your heart.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Some of y’all are giving A&M way more credit than I’m willing to. I think Ole Miss rolls in this game. A&M is a train wreck.

Reactions: STATEgrad04

Bourbon Dog

Sep 28, 2022
I'd say Jimbo HAS completely lost the locker room considering it's now a weed friendly zone but I think A&M can still pull it off even if they are all higher than a kite. Hell it ain't like you're bettin' the farm; have fun with it and don't

No money to play, just a lot of Rebel fans there who I really like beat each week. Bragging rights are HUGE.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
The other advantage is Durkin is their DC. He might know some things others wouldn't but Kiffin might know some tendencies about Durkin as well.

I hope Ole Miss loses in every event they participate in unless it helps Mississippi State.

Last edited:

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
No money to play, just a lot of Rebel fans there who I really like beat each week. Bragging rights are HUGE.
Well there you go. When they brag about winning, you can say well hell yeah, even I picked y’all. A&M is dogshit.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
I think the Bears win the A&M game but I'm not pulling for them. I might actually pull for them against Alabama though - there's not much to like about that team, especially after this past Saturday night.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Did you see our game vs A&M? I was shocked how bad they are. Pick Mississippi all day long and hope you're wrong.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Refs have been paid already, A&M will win. #GTHOM

Bourbon Dog

Sep 28, 2022
Thanks for all the good advice and insightful analysis, but at the end of the day, OM is a “no way”. Gig ‘em and Hail State!

Mud84

Oct 14, 2012
If Jimbo decides to run the football then i can see TAMU with the win. If they keep trying to throw.. then yea Sharks win.

It really is a 50/50 game.

Jul 26, 2021
What will you actually lose if wrong? I would say choose against rebelblackbearlandsharks every time possible, but I’m just hateful like that on the subject. Yet, money talks indeed.

Poppy IV

Nov 24, 2016
Bet on the Rebs. You win either way. I like having to pay for a Reb loss. If they win you get paid.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login