I can't stand Golden Corral and think he's an NFL bust, but

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I admire is toughness, he takes grit and determination to a new level. Hopefully Will sees that.

We had tough QBs like through though Merlinz's tenure.

Last edited:

kired

Aug 22, 2008
What are you suggesting? How many times has Rogers come out of a game this year due to not being gritty enough to play?

You just want him to run more? He can’t hardly stand up when he runs. Reminds me of Tyler Russell. Just looks awkward. He’s not near the athlete Corral is.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I seriously think we have fans who would rather see Rogers get injured trying to run over somebody than see him slide and preserve his body, just so they’d know he’s “tough”.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Honestly, from where Corral started (the brawl) to now, I think that he has grown a lot compared to some of my least favorite Ole Missers from the past. e.g. Machine Gun, Henderson, Piss and Miss, et. al. only got worse as they went along and were easier and easier to dislike. Corral has matured. Good for him. He overcame the plantation.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Honestly, from where Corral started (the brawl) to now, I think that he has grown a lot compared to some of my least favorite Ole Missers from the past. e.g. Machine Gun, Henderson, Piss and Miss, et. al. only got worse as they went along and were easier and easier to dislike. Corral has matured. Good for him. He overcame the plantation.
So basically he lost his first two Egg Bowls, and won his last two.

Rogers is probably going to do the same.

It's simply amazing to me that so many fans can't see the difference in the maturity of that Ole Miss team, vs. ours. We really do have some dumb ones. Some guys that were sitting behind me yesterday kept throwing out these idiotic takes that were so bad, all I could do was keep my head forward and drool.

My post really doesn't have much to do with yours, but I just kinda thought of that.

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008
Grown? Maybe. Matured? Maybe. Groomed and PR coached like the Manchurian Candidate? Almost certainly. That weaselly little **** remains just underneath the shiny new exterior.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
completely possible. Just nice not to have to see it on display. Kind of like buying a car. Just make me FEEL like I got a deal!

Ghostman

Apr 12, 2021
I thought Will played hurt most of the game last night, luckily it appeared to be his left shoulder that was slammed into the ground early in the game and not his throwing shoulder. That was a gritty and tough QB wearing the Maroon colors last night.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
^^^This right here. Add to that how he looked like club tramp caught in the rain with all the black makeup all over his face last night. He’s still trash.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
^^^This right here. Add to that how he looked like club tramp caught in the rain with all the black makeup all over his face last night. He’s still trash.

Why would a qb smear that crap on his face for a night game? Is it supposed to cut the glare from the lights? Or, does he do it just to maintain his "bad boy" look?

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
I admire is toughness, he takes grit and determination to a new level. Hopefully Will sees that.

We had tough QBs like through though Merlinz's tenure.

I guess you missed Will’s arm barely hanging on against Alabama and him still staying in during a blowout.

Will’s grit and toughness has never been a question for me and probably anyone else with a functioning brain.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Don't get your panties in a bunch. No one is saying Will is soft.

Fast forward to 25:45, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kolq0McYQI. Half hearted slide at the end, Corall, Prescott, Relf, Fitzgerald, etc., would have balled out there - may not have scored, but went all out. Not saying Will is not tough, but he is a Freshman and has room to grow. There's times to slide and times to go all out, that was a time to go all out. Yes, I know he doesn't have the running skills of the aforementioned QBs, but I bet he can learn from that and give a better effort next time.

I'm a big fan of Will and think by his senior season he'll be All American and a serious Heisman Candidate. Improving his running skills will likely improve his draft prospects, the days of statue NFL QBs are just about over.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login