I do have one complaint about my Dude visit.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
It is an old man complaint. Whoever came up with the constant loud music to keep the heart rates up, needs to have a time traveler eliminate his mother or father before they are born. I know it's done at all stadiums these days. The Grizzlies and Redbirds games I can't stand going to because you never get a break. It's like I am at The Club in Columbus 1980. You have to yell to have a conversation. It is just relentlessly loud. From before they opened the gates until I left.

The outfield was not as bad as the seats.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
The speakers over the right field berm are the worst.... You can't hear yourself think. I also wish they would update the playlist.
The playlist wasn't bad for me since they were almost all songs that we played when I was there. That's ok if you go only once or twice a year. I bet it is hell if you go a bunch.

Guess there hasn't been any music created since about 1990?

Reactions: rankindog86

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The ironic thing is you know they're doing this **** to create an exciting live game experience so people won't sit at home and watch the video.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
I was attending my seven year old granddaughter's softball game in Mobile a while back, and they even do it there. Loud af hip hop and other such noise. If they would cut down the volume and play some decent music it would be fine.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I have complained since day 1 in the new Dude. We've talked to game day personnel, answered emails from athletic dept and they don't care. Doesn't matter if you are in RF or LF its just too damn loud, we literally can't carry on a conversation in our lounge.

Reactions: PhredPhantom

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
It is an old man complaint. Whoever came up with the constant loud music to keep the heart rates up, needs to have a time traveler eliminate his mother or father before they are born. I know it's done at all stadiums these days. The Grizzlies and Redbirds games I can't stand going to because you never get a break. It's like I am at The Club in Columbus 1980. You have to yell to have a conversation. It is just relentlessly loud. From before they opened the gates until I left.

What Is Love Baby Dont Hurt Me Snl GIFs | Tenor

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
It is too loud. If it causes people to have to scream to be heard, turn it the F down. The local high school does the same stuff. Hell most of what they play comes from my era and I still think it's too damn loud.

I'm already deaf enough, I don't need you bastards blowing out my eardrums for 'atmosphere'.

Reactions: PhredPhantom

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008

Did you ever go back behind The Club? I did one night in 88-89 and found it fascinating there was a pipe sticking out of the back wall draining something into the ditch or little creek back there. It was pretty cool till I went back in looking for the source. It was running thru the wall from the men’s bathroom where the trough-style urinal was with the running water to piss in. I thanked God I didn’t check to see what was running out of the pipe up close and personal-like… 😂

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Maybe this is why these kids don't know fundamentals. In the olden days when we went to a ball game we would watch the game and our father's or mother's would explain things to us. We would talk about each pitch and what they were gonna throw. We would talk about bunts and steals and where to throw the ball. Today you would have to yell to your kids for them to hear what you had to say.

I do have a modern solution. Setup a network at the stadium where people can use their phones and earbuds to listen to the exciting ballgame version and just use the PA for regular baseball playing noise.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Did you ever go back behind The Club? I did one night in 88-89 and found it fascinating there was a pipe sticking out of the back wall draining something into the ditch or little creek back there. It was pretty cool till I went back in looking for the source. It was running thru the wall from the men’s bathroom where the trough-style urinal was with the running water to piss in. I thanked God I didn’t check to see what was running out of the pipe up close and personal-like… 😂
I think we might have bumped shoulders in that place. My friends all converged there on the weekend. I bet you have a story or two to share. It was a great place for a while. That's also about he time I got hooked on doubleheaders at Dudy Noble and hanging out in the Left Field Lounge.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
Maybe this is why these kids don't know fundamentals. In the olden days when we went to a ball game we would watch the game and our father's or mother's would explain things to us. We would talk about each pitch and what they were gonna throw. We would talk about bunts and steals and where to throw the ball. Today you would have to yell to your kids for them to hear what you had to say.

I do have a modern solution. Setup a network at the stadium where people can use their phones and earbuds to listen to the exciting ballgame version and just use the PA for regular baseball playing noise.
This is my younger life experience at ballparks too. One thing that makes a baseball game unique (and great) is the conversational nature of watching and talking about it with family, friends, and fans around you.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

Olegreyboy

Oct 13, 2022
I think we might have bumped shoulders in that place. My friends all converged there on the weekend. I bet you have a story or two to share. It was a great place for a while. That's also about he time I got hooked on doubleheaders at Dudy Noble and hanging out in the Left Field Lounge.
I went to that place in the 60s when it was The Southernaire. We saw B J Thomas one night. He performed3 songs at 10 and said my next show will be at midnight. The girls with us had a curfew and we didn’t get to see him..

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login