I do not think Arnett will have the option

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
If we place the hiring of the OC in his hands, I would be shocked. I understand the hire. I agree with it. I want to keep him. I just can't see the Admin allowing him to make the choice.

Last thing... If we do not move to hire Harrell who is only making $750K per year and looking to leave..... we are stupid!

22yardpunt

Dec 20, 2009
I would imagine they discussed what he would do as far as what direction he would go, but they may not have told him specifically which road to take. In other words, he is probably going to stick with the Air Raid generally but I expect he will consider OC's that bring in other concepts or modifications to it.

Reactions: Ibdancin

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I would imagine they discussed what he would do as far as what direction he would go, but they may not have told him specifically which road to take. In other words, he is probably going to stick with the Air Raid generally but I expect he will consider OC's that bring in other concepts or modifications to it.
This.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
If we place the hiring of the OC in his hands, I would be shocked. I understand the hire. I agree with it. I want to keep him. I just can't see the Admin allowing him to make the choice.

Last thing... If we do not move to hire Harrell who is only making $750K per year and looking to leave..... we are stupid!
So you’re saying a SEC head coach being paid millions of dollars will not be allowed to decide who is on his coaching staff.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

I would hope we wouldn’t hire a guy at head coach we didn’t trust to fill out his staff.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
So you’re saying a SEC head coach being paid millions of dollars will not be allowed to decide who is on his coaching staff.
read the thread.

I am saying that in his interview and talks with the President of Mississippi State University and acting AD, Arnett pitched his ideas to the President of Mississippi State University and the acting AD. That before they hired him in an official capacity they sought to have the best solution forward and had the question "what is your plan for the OC?". From their, they either agreed or stated they did not agree.

I can not be any clearer than that.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I would imagine they discussed many things before finalizing the hire. Obviously offense and his lack of experience and what his plans would be to solve that. Defense he can handle. I can't imagine anyone who would not think that was discussed

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007

This isn’t Auburn where we can’t trust our coach to have control of his social media accounts. He will get to hire who he wants, otherwise we wouldn’t have hired him. Sometimes I wonder where people come up with this stuff.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

Harrell or Littrell. Littrell has been a head coach snd around the air raid forever. Both were at North Texas with Mason Fine. I might like Littrell more because he might help being a former head coach. Harrell probably has a lot more upside in the long run.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
read the thread.

I am saying that in his interview and talks with the President of Mississippi State University and acting AD, Arnett pitched his ideas to the President of Mississippi State University and the acting AD. That before they hired him in an official capacity they sought to have the best solution forward and had the question "what is your plan for the OC?". From their, they either agreed or stated they did not agree.

The above post is very different than your original post where you said “If we place the hiring of the OC in his hands, I would be shocked.”

The post above describes what they would do in any interview with any head coach candidate, regardless of the situation being like ours where someone passed away suddenly. It’s part of the hiring process and deciding if someone is the right fit. I’m sure if Arnett or any other candidate had said “I will take us immediately back to 3 yards and a cloud have dust style offense” that they probably wouldn’t have gotten the job.

Last edited:

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
That's what I am saying. They had discussions about offense and no doubt how he would handle the DC position opening. They did not leave it wide open to a brand new head coach in the position we are in. Kirby Smart he is not. And we will not be reinventing the wheel here either.

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
read the thread.

^^epic crawfishing.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
No I am saying he will not make the hire alone and without guidance.
So you’re saying that Arnett needs guidance from Lee Hall on what offensive coaches he should hire? Dont know about you, but I haven’t seen that Zach Arnett.
Ok, I’ll give you this, I’m sure Keenum talked to ZA about his thoughts on the offense moving forward. Keenum was ok with it, and they shook hands. But Lee Hall isn’t guiding CZA other than setting up interviews he might want to pursue.

Id be shocked otherwise.

Reactions: DerHntr
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login