I don't give

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
a **** if Garrett goes to LSU. I said on here during FB season I thought he was overrated. I don't give as **** if he becomes an AA at LSU. I don't give a **** if he wins a NC. I don't give a **** if he is picked 1st round by the NFL. I don't give a **** if he wins the Super Bowl, is MVP of the Pro Bowl and gets to booty root Vida Guerra in the surf at Wakiki.

What I do give a **** about is, if Croom can't sign this guy, who the hell can he sign? We might as well go to the Bone because no QB or WR worth a **** and in his right mind is gonna sign with Croom. Had this dude been an Ole Miss or USM guy, he would have signed with Nutt or Fedora. Call ******** all you want, it's the damn truth. But finishing in the bottom of the NCAA in offense doesn't mean ****, right?

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
We might as well start calling our coaching staff Larry, Curley & Moe.
The Three Black Stooges are what we have in Starkville.

Croom may never win eight games again with his Gulf Coast Offense.

saltybulldog

Nov 15, 2005
While I do agree that it is crazy we lost Garrett (of course, signing day is a long way away) I will save plummeting to my death over this until we see how things pan out this season and next signing day. I said at the end of this season that Croom and Co. get a pass from me for winning 8 games.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
work for me had a "good year" they don't get a pass for next year. I hate that mentality. It's been at State for too long. There should be no such thing a a pass. Jackie got a pass. Polk is getting a pass. Giving a pass = sucking.
Not going off on you, but that kinda thinking is why we get stuck with the Ron Polks of the world. I like Stans, but he gets no pass from me. He's making decent scratch to do a job. Do it.

jakldawg

May 1, 2006
Some of ya'll are acting like they just imploded the stadium. This is why I don't give a **** about recruiting (that, and our stellar 2001 class).

87Dawg

Mar 3, 2008
I know he's a senior this year but I say we need to start heavy on him. His mom is an attorney in Louisville and dad a Miss Hwy Patrol. I think the boy is leaning toward Clemson and Ole Miss. His uncle, and basically trainer, played at state but got a bad taste with Sherrill so it may be tough. I think you still need to go after him.

saltybulldog

Nov 15, 2005
what I am saying is that I will not tar and feather Croom until I see the <span style="text-decoration: underline; font-weight: bold;">wins and losses</span> for next season. Garrett is not even a senior yet...who knows what is going to happen with him. I judge Croom, Polk, and Stans on W/L's not on recruiting. Of course, recruiting is a direct correlation to winning or losing but Croom won 8 games last year and I am happy. If he wins less tha 6 next year I am not. Garret will not affect this at all.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
I think what he means by giving him a pass is he will wait and see how this season plays out before jumping on his *** again, and that is only fair. he did what most people thought he couldnt do last year, so he should get a year to prove himself. if he comes out and sucks it up then we will know it is a fluke but you have to give him the chance

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
...because his mom is an attorney and his dad is with the MHP? I'm failing to connect the dots that point to him being the real deal.

Frances Drebin

Nov 16, 2005
...waiting until you see the wins and losses for next season while disregarding history is giving him a pass.

I felt like last year was a golden opportunity for Croom. His football team overachieved to an 8-win season despite being an offensive laughingstock. With a little pressure removed from him, he had an opportunity to go out and get a good coordinator and revamp the offense. Instead, it's a raise for McCorvey and more of the same. And now we're losing blue chip QB prospects.

Honestly, I don't blame Garrett. I love MSU and always will, but if I had a son who was a highly-rated QB, why would I send him to MSU to hand it off to the running back 40 times a game, throw the occasional flare to the fullback, and take five sacks?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login