I don't want to say we're back, gentlemen...

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
But we're back.
i never had any doubts that we'd be a MUCH improved hitting team, but pitching is what makes you a great team or a meh team. You've got to have three dependable starters, with at least one of them being lights out, and a dependable bullpen. We don't have that this year. We may win a lot of 13-10 games, once we get to SEC play, and I'll take it, but we may also lose a bunch of 13-10 games.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Witnessed it at the Dude, 11-2. We are better. We have hitters and maybe some better pitchers. Have faith Bulldog fans!

Reactions: onewoof

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
One game but the team looks better than last year. Some of those early wins last year against bad teams weren't so easy. Hoping for a regional.

Reactions: onewoof

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Stay away from “hope” made famous by SEC Shorts. Trust in what you see. I think this ‘23 team can be scrappy. BTW, didn’t have a clue as to why Lemonis played Bryce Chance at DH until Chance hit a double, a single, and a home run.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
It was definitely an encouraging start. I just don’t expect last year to happen again. Key injuries played a big part.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Looking pretty rough today.

It hard to do what we just did.

Pitiful

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Meme Reaction GIF

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Looking pretty rough today.

It hard to do what we just did.

Pitiful
I’ve never seen anything like what we pulled off today. Absolute domination on the stat sheet, and managed to lose.

VMI is a bad baseball team. Lemonis had a hard strike 1 last season, and shouldn’t feel comfortable gaining a solid strike two so quickly. I’m hoping it was just a fluke, but last season defied all logic…. Just like today.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
I’ve never seen anything like what we pulled off today. Absolute domination on the stat sheet, and managed to lose.

VMI is a bad baseball team. Lemonis had a hard strike 1 last season, and shouldn’t feel comfortable gaining a solid strike two so quickly. I’m hoping it was just a fluke, but last season defied all logic…. Just like today.
Like I said earlier, we really shouldn't conclude we're bad until about after 10-15 games. We'll lose some more OOC games as long as we don't lose too many. The stats were in our favor today, we just didn't do the little things that win a tight game. Sunday's starter may be our best. If they beat down Gartman, I will be disappointed and a little worried.

Reactions: eckie1
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login