I guess girls don’t dogpile

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
Literally the first regional win in school history, but sure, let’s downplay it.

G-Dawg

Sep 6, 2012
Also the first time a top-2 seed has lost a regional, according to ESPN.

Not quite. Only the 2nd time. Texas was the national number 2 seed a few years back and lost. What our team did this weekend is nothing short of historic and phenomenal. Florida State was 6 outs from a natty last year and won the whole thing in 2019.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Not quite. Only the 2nd time. Texas was the national number 2 seed a few years back and lost. What our team did this weekend is nothing short of historic and phenomenal. Florida State was 6 outs from a natty last year and won the whole thing in 2019.

They won 4 games in a row after they were shut out 4-0 in the first game. Someone made the comment before this weekend that it was time for them to win a regional and make the "next step" towards being taken seriously by the softball world. They had a great pitching performance and one of those girls was from Mississippi. I hope that is a sign that more talent from the home state is improving.

Improvement under their coach has been steady She deserves some credit for that. I'm also interested how this publicity will help with recruiting. It's nice to have a feel good story at the end of this dismal MSU sports season.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

The baseball team won the Tallahassee Regional and went to the CWS while the FSU softball team won the WCWS.

I guess that means the Seminoles will finally win the CWS this year. **

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login