I guess it WAS a down year in SEC basketball...

LandArchDawg

Sep 14, 2003
...or it could be because we all got punished for losing to Georgia, and having bad seeds handed to us all. The media will hearken on the former more, I am sure.

G

Goat Holder

We had a successful year. I'm glad the SEC West sucked as bad as it did. Easier for us to win it.

patdog

May 28, 2007
is because it's the truth. It was proven in the preseason and it was proven in the NCAA tournament. But hey, we do have 2 of the NIT Final Four teams.

Hanmudog

Apr 30, 2006
You have a point. If Georgia loses to Ole Miss like they were supposed to and the rest of the game played out according to plan then the following probably would have happened:
1. Ole Miss probably makes the NCAA tourney
2. UK gets a 8 or 9 seed
3. MSU gets a 6 or 7 seed, avoiding Memphis early
4. Arkansas maybe gets a 7 seed, avoiding North Carolina early

patdog

May 28, 2007
if the rest of the league was worth a ****, Georgia wouldn't have won the tournament.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
Just want to take this moment to brag that I was dead on with my SEC picks in the NCAA tourney. I had UK, Vandy, and UGA all losing in the first roung, Arkansas and MSU both losing in the 2nd round, and UT losing in the Sweet Sixteen to Louisville.

The SEC was definitely down this year. We went 4-6 in the tourney (again as I predicted), and honestly I was more impressed with MSU's overall tourney performance than anyone else in the league.

Sutterkane

Jan 23, 2007
UT will still be good
UK will get better
UF will grow up a little
Auburn will be at least mediocre if they can avoid injuries
Ole Miss will be about the same, maybe a little better
LSU will be much better
Bama will be about the same
Georgia will be better
USC, Arkansas, and Vandy all get worse.

Our offseason will determine our worth next year. If everyone returns and we sign Hopson, we should expect no worse than:
No more than 2 losses in pre-conference play.
SEC regular season champs, with no more than 3 losses.
A deep SECT run, to at least the finals.
No greater than a 2 seed.

Even with most everyone else improving, we should still be THAT much better if that happens.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login