I hate NBC/Peacock.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
We have addressed this on this board before, but NBC wants to make expanded Olympic coverage part of their premium cable package. To watch soccer, you have to pay for Peacock. I am not paying good money for a turkey network that has zero good value for the money you pay. I have ESPN+. I get most Bulldog sports, especially baseball. NBC can bite me.

Reactions: Anon1704414204

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
They are broadcasting some of their NFL games on there as well. I'm not too fond of it either, but they're more worried about making money than what I think.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
We stream Peacock for free. Wife got it free for something totally unrelated, I think maybe it came w downloading the Pizza Hut app or something. I can’t remember exactly but I do remember it being something random. I’ll occasionally watch it.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
We have addressed this on this board before, but NBC wants to make expanded Olympic coverage part of their premium cable package. To watch soccer, you have to pay for Peacock. I am not paying good money for a turkey network that has zero good value for the money you pay. I have ESPN+. I get most Bulldog sports, especially baseball. NBC can bite me.
Then don't spend $14 for a month of service to watch all Olympic sports/events.

You will still get countless hours of Olympics coverage across multiple channels, just like you have gotten for years now.

...or spend $14 and watch the events you want, when you want.

Last edited:

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
If you had planned ahead, you could have signed up for Peacock at $2.99 per month for a full year. Really worth it.
The only thing I don't like is, since I don't have Peacock Premium, they are randomly inserting commercials into the online coverage. They come back from breaks and the announcers may be in the middle of a sentence.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
What I have found as networks are moving more sports events to streaming only is that there are a lot more sporting events I really don’t give much of a sh*t about than I thought.
Sixpack cool

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Honestly, I have it for wrasslin’ anyway, but having Peacock during the Olympics is kind of great. There are some headaches, sure, but being able to select the exact sport I want and deciding which match/pool/division (live or replay) I want is really nice, especially after decades of watching NBC’s prepackaged Costas-heavy bullsнit coverage. I can watch an entire soccer match, not a condensed, previously recorded highlight reel and it doesn’t even have to be Team USA. Hell, I watched HOURS of women’s rugby 7’s today. It was fantastic and it would have never been shown on NBC or their cable channels for that long.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Me too. I like the Dan Patrick show on Peacock. I don’t watch it daily but sometimes. And if Peacock is not part of your cable package you can find it pretty cheap when deals are offered.
You don't have to pay anything to watch Dan Patrick show. It is not considered premium content because Dan wanted it that way.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
Peacock is one of the better values in streaming at $8/month. If you only care about watching the Olympics, just get it for a month.
Here’s a tip for managing streaming services and other online subscriptions. If you sign up with iPhone, it makes it really easy to manage subscriptions. You can cancel as soon as you sign up so you don’t wind up with recurring charges and it’s a lot easier than going to individual websites to cancel.
I don’t know if android does anything similar.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
You don't have to pay anything to watch Dan Patrick show. It is not considered premium content because Dan wanted it that way.
Ok. At the time I was trying the cord cutting route and got Peacock for golf. I still like it tho. But I rotate services around so may have something else later.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Peacock is one of the better streamers that is actually worth the money. The NBC vault is massive. They get several first run movies about a month after they hit theaters and their regular movie selection is not bad, and for those that want it it has rasslin. At least until it the WWE moves to Netflix.

Like Dickie said above, use ones month to month if they have something you are interested in watching. I've found that I don't watch Hulu or Disney+ enough anymore to stick around. Paramount has gotten pretty stale too. Once the season finale of Criminal Minds hits I will cancel as I don't care anything about the Yellowstone crap anymore. I'll probably pick it back up for a bit when Tulsa King returns.

I probably wouldn't pay for HBO Max if it wasn't included in my internet package since you can now find older HBO content on Netflix and Prime. I've currently been rewatching Band of Brothers and The Pacific on Netflix.

Reactions: Dawg1976

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
I hate the free for all streaming has become.

Life was so much simplier when there was only 2-3 channels right? And it was all free.. Gunsmoke was king! Everyone saw the same **** and we all discussed it the next day at the water cooler.

Wait.... nothing Mississippi State was ever televised live...ever. The best you got was a 20 minute highlight show on Sunday nights after the late news. That and radio broadcasts. There is a reason we old farts loved us some Jack Cristil. He was our connection to State sports.

As great as Jack was, I like having options. Let's not go back that way again.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015

Life was so much simplier when there was only 2-3 channels right? And it was all free.. Gunsmoke was king! Everyone saw the same **** and we all discussed it the next day at the water cooler.

Wait.... nothing Mississippi State was ever televised live...ever. The best you got was a 20 minute highlight show on Sunday nights after the late news. That and radio broadcasts. There is a reason we old farts loved us some Jack Cristil. He was our connection to State sports.

WTF did I just read

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018

Watching Gunsmoke this very minute on ME TV. Sadly almost all of the networks be da debil these days. The content is pitiful at best and I absolutely refuse to watch the news from any of the major networks. I don’t like being lied too. Bonanza comes on after Gunsmoke but I’ve got to cut grass as soon as it dries out a little more so hopefully I will be finished in time to catch TheRifleman later on this afternoon.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Watching Gunsmoke this very minute on ME TV. Sadly almost all of the networks be da debil these days. The content is pitiful at best and I absolutely refuse to watch the news from any of the major networks. I don’t like being lied too. Bonanza comes on after Gunsmoke but I’ve got to cut grass as soon as it dries out a little more so hopefully I will be finished in time to catch TheRifleman later on this afternoon.
If its Westerns you want:

Bonanza has 14 seasons available free on Hoopla, Shout, Plex, and Crackle.

Gunsmoke streams 24/7/365 on Pluto TV.

Right now just on Pluto you can watch Tombstone Territory, Gunsmoke, The Wild Wild West, Rawhide, The Rifleman, Wanted Dead or Alive, The Lone Ranger, and that's just series. As for movies currently on now its Lonesome Dove, Doc, and The Legend of the Lone Ranger. And Pluto's always free, if they ever take that channel off or make you pay, my dad will have a stroke

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg

WGWFA

Oct 12, 2021
Dan gets it. It baffles me how these yahoos favorite word is equality but when it comes to television; streaming is being crammed down our throat. What if someone can’t afford it? Where’s the equality in that? A friend of mine just cut cable to go stream all the way. His wife has added so many stream options their bill is $200 higher than their cable bill. I will always say and believe if you’re a sports fan, cable is your friend and streaming is not.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Dan gets it. It baffles me how these yahoos favorite word is equality but when it comes to television; streaming is being crammed down our throat. What if someone can’t afford it? Where’s the equality in that? A friend of mine just cut cable to go stream all the way. His wife has added so many stream options their bill is $200 higher than their cable bill. I will always say and believe if you’re a sports fan, cable is your friend and streaming is not.
Streaming is fine for sports, ie college football and cable NFL games, IF you go with one of the streaming services like Youtube, Hulu, Sling etc. But these days they aren't are more of a bargain than a good cable package due to the sports tiers, add ons and all that BS.

Really the only thing streamers save you is not having to buy/rent a cable box. The packages are all pretty comparable these days. The days of dropping a $200 cable/DirecTV package to get all you wanted on Sling for 20 bucks are long gone. And you have ESPN, Fox, NFL, SEC/ACC/Pac 12/Big 10 Networks to thank for that.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Streaming is fine for sports, ie college football and cable NFL games, IF you go with one of the streaming services like Youtube, Hulu, Sling etc. But these days they aren't are more of a bargain than a good cable package due to the sports tiers, add ons and all that BS.

Really the only thing streamers save you is not having to buy/rent a cable box. The packages are all pretty comparable these days. The days of dropping a $200 cable/DirecTV package to get all you wanted on Sling for 20 bucks are long gone. And you have ESPN, Fox, NFL, SEC/ACC/Pac 12/Big 10 Networks to thank for that.
It was always going to be this way. Streaming will be just as expensive as cable was. And a lot less convenient.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login