I hate recruiting but just saw this on MSN, he's apparently chosen us over

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
That is huge if it happens. With this guy, and the other 2 JUCOs we have from last year (Jones and Williams), I feel decent about our OL again.

Many times those JUCO OL need a redshirt, but I'd rather have him in the mix than not, and he seems to be more highly rated than Jones and Williams. This could be the biggest sign of the class.

Last edited:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I still say there's no better recruiting than current players telling future players how much fun they're having

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I still say there's no better recruiting than current players telling future players how much fun they're having
Watching Charles Cross become a 1st rounder helps (even though he was already a 5 star prospect). Having 3 open spots on the OL also helps.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
But I was told Leach would never be able to recruit good offensive linemen because all they would do is pass block, and it would hurt their NFL draft stock.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
But I was told Leach would never be able to recruit good offensive linemen because all they would do is pass block, and it would hurt their NFL draft stock.

I was also told they would get beat all the time because of the wide splits.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
This is huge. We are gonna finish with a bang. He should step right in and play after a little time on Leach Beach. He is a monster. Let me add that they are not done yet either.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2012

Turns out they like pass blockers in a league dominated by passing. Apparently the NFL hasn’t figured out what a couple of our geniuses know. yOu HafTa RUn Da BaLl to wIn!!!

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
There have been so many bad takes from last year that have mysteriously vanished this year

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
They been working on him for weeks. This group just doesn't give up on the guys they want. Still crootin Khamauri. Gonna turn into a nice class

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012

Leach's 2008 Tx Tech O line was probably the best in the country. Big tall guys with huge wing spans due to the large line gaps.

Texas Tech's gigantic offensive line as follows:
LT: 6'7” 314 Reed Sr.
LG: 6'6” 335 Vasquez Sr.
C: 6'4” 306 Byrnes Jr.
RG: 6'7” 360 Carter Jr.
RT: 6'7” 358 Johnson Sr. (or) 6'6” 329 Winn Jr.

Percy Lewis checks most every box on the Leach O Line recruit check list

The 6-foot-8, 360-pound lineman, out of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, may take until next month to publicly announce a decision, but according to 247Sports he appears to be heavily favoring Mississippi State.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Leach seems to be the first MSU coach who understands that you need to ALWAYS prioritize line recruiting, and ensure a steady supply of upperclassmen there. By and large OL can be developed the most through S&C. As long as you have some 3rd and 4th year players ready to start, you'll be fine. If you're not a blue blood (and sometimes if you are), and you have 1st and 2nd year players on the line, you're going to get your *** beat.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login