I have changed my mind, and I hope this is NOT Will Rogers last egg bowl.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I'll pass. If the new coach can't get a better QB from the portal then we hired the wrong coach.
Backup QBs are pretty valuable when you need them, so I don't know why you'd want Will gone.

The only downside to Will staying is that depending on the offensive style of the new coach, it's possible he would be good enough to hurt us with QBs in our price range. Not sure how big of a deal that is. Both UM and MSU both got transfer QBs that weren't likely to start. And I don't know why we'd be spending money on a QB that wasn't clearly going to start over Will.

So if he wants to stay knowing his role is going to change, that seems great to me. If he wants to transfer to an air raid school, presumably G5, and set some records, I would certainly understand that too.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
I don't care what he does. I just think we need to set our sights a little higher for what is arguably the most important position on the field.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
If Will can win the Egg Bowl this year, I want him back for another. If he fumbles the ball at the goal line, misses on easy TD throws, takes 7 or more sacks....

bigbub50

Jan 3, 2020
He needs to move on. I’m grateful for will, but next year we need to take our lumps rebuilding and getting another qb experience. That’s hard when u have a 4 year starter/ team leader on the team. It could divide the team.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Offensive line gonna be garbage - he will get killed. I see no reason for him to want to come back.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
When Will leaves the team will lose a lot of leadership and identity. He’s a coach on the field and brings confidence. He will be hard to replace, but time marches on. Someone will step up in a different way and that’s what makes football exciting. I appreciate Will for everything he did and I’ve always been a fan. There’s no reason we can’t thank him AND welcome a new QB when he’s gone.

Reactions: Fishsqeezer

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Will needs to be playing in an air raid offense like Leach ran. I'd assume Hollingshead will be recruiting him to replace WKU's senior QB.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Is there any way we can petition the NCAA to allow permanent ongoing eligibility for Will?

Asking for some friends.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Having his skill set and all his experience would be a huge plus for any incoming coach.
It may be just me, but it just seems almost impossible that we’re going to have a better option at QB next year than Rodgers.

This is not a ringing endorsement of his skill set, as he certainly has his limitations. But I think anyone who sees it as a slam dunk that Parson as a redshirt freshmen will be better than a 10,000 yard passer in the SEC is really setting themselves up for major disappointment. And as of right now, there are no other options. And hell, there’s no guarantee that Parson even will want to come back either….depending on the hire.

I sincerely hope that if Will isn’t here in 2024, it’s 100% his own choice that he just wants to move on no matter what, and not because we are pushing him out the door. That would be a big mistake.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login