I have inside info on the new FB coching hire

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
There will be a BUNCH of "MSU" fans who will inundate the net with derogatory posts about whoever we hire as football coach. We could hire the second coming of Vince Lombardi & Bear Bryant's love child, and most of our people would be bitching and moaning.

dgsmith15

Nov 10, 2008
John Oliver Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
There will be a BUNCH of "MSU" fans who will inundate the net with derogatory posts about whoever we hire as football coach. We could hire the second coming of Vince Lombardi & Bear Bryant's love child, and most of our people would be bitching and moaning.
Vince Lombardi and Bear Bryant can’t have a child.

But even if they could, doesn’t mean he’d be a good coach.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Looks like some fan card revoking.**

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
We could hire an all time great coach who revolutionized football offenses and was successful at multiple schools and some fans would still be highly critical of the hire. He could be successful here and I bet they would shove their head up their own behind to ignore his success at State, even if he managed to win 9 games in a year. We have some incredibly stupid fans.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Dawgstudent says that we are all entitled to our opinion. But some of you are so stupid in matters relating to football as to be laughable at you ignorance. The same group will probably fall all over themselves with the new hire, “…. I don’t like this one. I want Croom back…”. Geez, Louise!!

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
We could hire an all time great coach who revolutionized football offenses and was successful at multiple schools and some fans would still be highly critical of the hire. He could be successful here and I bet they would shove their head up their own behind to ignore his success at State, even if he managed to win 9 games in a year. We have some incredibly stupid fans.
Leach was not an all time great coach. He did have a cult following who believed he was. The transition away from him was always going to suck because he ran an ancient, outdated offense that required players that struggle to run other offenses. Not even the modern "air raid" guys run what Leach did.

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
Leach was not an all time great coach. He did have a cult following who believed he was. The transition away from him was always going to suck because he ran an ancient, outdated offense that required players that struggle to run other offenses. Not even the modern "air raid" guys run what Leach did.
The silver lining in this season is that year one of the transition is out of the way for the next guy.

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Y’all don’t have to worry I am quite sure that we are going back to running the ball first.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Lot of fans are egotistical losers who I am amazed by the fact they can wake up and get dressed on their own.

Reactions: Taz_Man

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Dawgstudent says that we are all entitled to our opinion. But some of you are so stupid in matters relating to football as to be laughable at you ignorance. The same group will probably fall all over themselves with the new hire, “…. I don’t like this one. I want Croom back…”. Geez, Louise!!
I don’t need dawgstudent to tell me that we are all entitled to our opinions.

Also don’t need him to tell us we can call those opinions stupid and dumb AF.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Much like you did with Mike Leach. 🙂
Of course. I've been an MSU fan for a long time. I was quite vocal because I could not stand the pure air raid from the first time I saw when Mumme and Leach ran it at Kentucky.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
So back to the competing with Austin Peay, and Delta State for unranked receivers?
I hope we’re successful with our new coach and his best talent is building a team, not just a known for a particular type football. We’ve seen how much things can change for the worse when everyone is not behind what’s happening. I hope we choose someone who is a builder, brings our family together, and creates some excitement players want to be a part of. AND the people behind the scenes keep themselves off the sidelines.

I hope we learned something with our basketball selections. I feel like we are competing again.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Of course. I've been an MSU fan for a long time. I was quite vocal because I could not stand the pure air raid from the first time I saw when Mumme and Leach ran it at Kentucky.
But that’s no reason to not want it here if it helps us win.
I don’t wanna see double tights and double wing rugby formation but if we win I won’t care

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
"Vince Lombardi & Bear Bryant's love child" Who knew they were lovers. They kept that gayness quiet.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login