I hope that Shakeel Moore returns next year...

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Agreed. Him and Stephens have really boosted this team offensively the last few weeks.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
What about "I hope Tolu returns to improve his professional prospects" ?
His professional prospects are probably what they are at this point, barring him coming up with a go to offensive move and learning to make free throws.

It's try to make good money playing overseas, make not so good money playing D-League, or make pretty good money playing at MSU. Hopefully the last is an option and he likes it.

Going to be interesting to see how this affects basketball going forward. So many players leave early and then end up bouncing around over seas (which I for one think would be pretty awesome at the higher over seas levels but I understand that's not appealing to a lot of people) for low six figures or less. If DI programs are willing to pay them low six figures (which I think most will), you could see a lot more stay and the quality of NCAA basketball improve a lot. Not just because of more talent but more talent that has spent more time with a coach/system.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
His professional prospects are probably what they are at this point, barring him coming up with a go to offensive move and learning to make free throws.

It's try to make good money playing overseas, make not so good money playing D-League, or make pretty good money playing at MSU. Hopefully the last is an option and he likes it.

Going to be interesting to see how this affects basketball going forward. So many players leave early and then end up bouncing around over seas (which I for one think would be pretty awesome at the higher over seas levels but I understand that's not appealing to a lot of people) for low six figures or less. If DI programs are willing to pay them low six figures (which I think most will), you could see a lot more stay and the quality of NCAA basketball improve a lot. Not just because of more talent but more talent that has spent more time with a coach/system.
No, Tolu can improve so let it play out before predicting this youngster's future. He's been doing better at the charity stripe of late and increasing his FG % as well. We should hope he comes back, improves his overall game and gets drafted into the NBA.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
No, Tolu can improve so let it play out before predicting this youngster's future. He's been doing better at the charity stripe of late and increasing his FG % as well. We should hope he comes back, improves his overall game and gets drafted into the NBA.
Us discussing the future of a player has no bearing on what actually happens. So continue discussing.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Us discussing the future of a player has no bearing on what actually happens. So continue discussing.
Understood but saying he has no chance at this juncture is premature & counterproductive IMO. No need to trash our players while they're playing their guts out for STATE.

Last edited:

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Jesus, God - I hope not. Listening to this group sometimes, I'm not sure if we're the crowing about the 1986 Chicago Bears or the Bad News Bears when it comes to talent*****

On a more serious note, those of you who have played any sport at the college level (or beyond) know that athletic improvement is not always linear. Sometimes there are transformative breakthroughs (or breakdowns, as the case may be)

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Understood but saying he has no chance at this juncture is premature & counterproductive IMO. No need to trash our players while they're playing their guts out for STATE.
Who is trashing him? They are saying he may have reached his ceiling. I don't view that as trashing. I don't think Tolu's game necessarily translates to the NBA. He doesn't have a perimeter shot. He is an excellent college player where the low post is still somewhat utilized.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Who is trashing him? They are saying he may have reached his ceiling. I don't view that as trashing. I don't think Tolu's game necessarily translates to the NBA. He doesn't have a perimeter shot. He is an excellent college player where the low post is still somewhat utilized.
I was mainly referring to Desoto's post : "Unless he’s just ready to move on Tolu would be fine to return because his pro prospects are slim to none"....... Why not hope he comes back, improves his perimeter shot and gets drafted instead of saying he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I was mainly referring to Desoto's post : "Unless he’s just ready to move on Tolu would be fine to return because his pro prospects are slim to none"....... Why not hope he comes back, improves his perimeter shot and gets drafted instead of saying he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell?
Me saying he doesn’t have a pro career isn’t trashing him. He has no perimeter game, can’t shoot outside of 12 feet, is small for his position, and is a poor free throw shooter.
He’s a very good college player but NBA player he is not. If he were to come back next year and start bombing threes then maybe we can talk otherwise his only chance is oversees maybe.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login