I just got back from the game...

Columbus Dawg

Feb 23, 2008
I will try and make a coherent post, but I will probably fail. That was the best individual performance I have ever seen and I was there when Chris Jackson lit us up. It may have been the best game I have ever been to in person. Foster wasn't toeing the line on his 3's. Every one of them was DEEP. Our biggest mistake was sitting back in that zone. Not because he wasn't guarded, but because the zone didn't allow us to deny him the ball. Also, I can't tell you how frustrating it was to see Foster who is 6'7 and shoots it from behind his head, take shots with little Ben Hansbrough in front of him in a defensive stance. It didn't even faze him. Of course Foster buried 2 threes with Rhodes in his face.

Foster's performance overshadowed Jamont's great effort. He was unstoppable going to the goal. Unfortunately he and Hansbrough couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from outside until hans hit 2 in OT.

Biggest call of the game was the charge on Varnado in OT. HORRIBLE call. It fouled him out and took away 2 possibly 3 points. I'm sure the free throws have been mentioned ad nausem on this board and that was incredibly frustrating. It is almost impossible to win on the road against a quality team when you shoot FT's that bad, but we almost pulled it off.

Columbus Dawg

Feb 23, 2008
I will try and make a coherent post, but I will probably fail. That was the best individual performance I have ever seen and I was there when Chris Jackson lit us up. It may have been the best game I have ever been to in person. Foster wasn't toeing the line on his 3's. Every one of them was DEEP. Our biggest mistake was sitting back in that zone. Not because he wasn't guarded, but because the zone didn't allow us to deny him the ball. Also, I can't tell you how frustrating it was to see Foster who is 6'7 and shoots it from behind his head, take shots with little Ben Hansbrough in front of him in a defensive stance. It didn't even faze him. Of course Foster buried 2 threes with Rhodes in his face.

Foster's performance overshadowed Jamont's great effort. He was unstoppable going to the goal. Unfortunately he and Hansbrough couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from outside until hans hit 2 in OT.

Biggest call of the game was the charge on Varnado in OT. HORRIBLE call. It fouled him out and took away 2 possibly 3 points. I'm sure the free throws have been mentioned ad nausem on this board and that was incredibly frustrating. It is almost impossible to win on the road against a quality team when you shoot FT's that bad, but we almost pulled it off.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
i can't imagine how nuts it had to be in person seeing foster knocking down every thing he could throw near the basket.

how was stans acting when we were throwing bricks for free throws? just curious. yelling or standing there pissed?

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Funny how you agree with why I said we lost.

1. Did not Deny Foster the ball.
2. Missed Free Throws

Too many idiots on this board with their head up Stans ***..

Columbus Dawg

Feb 23, 2008
Shameful that this game wasn't on TV. It was the game of the year in the SEC. Stans was pretty much just standing there pissed. Gordon's second free throw to ice it rolled around and could have gone in. Then he got a great look to win it in regulation. It was probably a 10 footer and it just rolled over the rim and dropped out. I think the whole gym thought it was money. Hans was stunned his didn't go in. Then I was stunned we sat back in a zone. It was crazy. The clock was winding down and Foster couldn't get the ball. Then all of the sudden he was at the top of the key with the ball in his hand and next thing you know it's falling through the net and the place went nuts. Absolute sucker punch. I know how OM fans must have felt when Bryce Drew hit that shot except Foster did it 9 times in a row and 5 times in crunch time.</p>

dawgball

Aug 29, 2006
It is almost impossible to win on the road against a quality team when you shoot FT's that bad.
This is true in itself, notwithstanding such a ludicrous performance by an individual player.

rugbdawg

Oct 10, 2006
Louisiana-Lafayette beat us in Austin's final year? He made 8 that game and he was short and white.

Nov 11, 2007
Don't deny Foster the ball! Let him shoot!

Your analysis that we lost because we didn't deny him the ball and that we missed free throws is noted.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
fishwater99 said:
Columbus Dawg said:
except Foster did it 9 times in a row and 5 times in crunch time.</p>
Why not Deny him the Damn Ball..
Out-coached Again..

Seriously how do you know the players werent trying to deny him the ball? Good players find a way to get the ball. You act like Stans' game plan was to make sure foster got his hands on the ball
</p>

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
that his argument is that we were outcoached by them because they thought to give the ball to the guy with the hot hand. boy that is a smart coach they got there.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
No we had a ****** coach b/c he let him keep jacking up threes.

Deny him the damn ball.... period...

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Once again dont you blame the players for not denying him the ball? Are you really this *%+%!$! stupid?

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
which one is it? i am sure that we will see the replay and foster won't be just standing there all alone at the line making 3 pointers. he was hitting them from nba range for god's sake. we were in his face and he still hit them. so did you want us to tackle him to stop the shot? or just foul him and let him shoot 3 free throws.

i will not sit back and believe that stans just said, "hey guys he can't keep hitting them. just let him shoot. don't get in his face." if we didn't stop him it is because our guys simply couldn't.</p>

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
I never said STANS was a ****** coach.

He is an average floor coach and a great recruiter.

You deny him the ball, play a triangle and 2.
Get out of the damn zone..
A zone buster is a good three point shooter..

Damn people, did you ever play organized ball.
I guess not by your comments.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
When a guy that tall is shooting from 30 feet out, what the hell can you do? We should have made our free throws. Gordon, Rhodes, and even Hans missed clutch free throws. Foster and our inability to ice the game on the line beat us, not Rick. I swear, there are some idiots on this board.</p>

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
No we had a ****** coach b/c he let him keep jacking up threes.
forget from one post to the very next. nice. and it was the one i was replying to. i am going to bed. you are worthless.

Feb 15, 2007
All right, youtube is currently performing site maintenance (which is delaying sadness so it's probably for the best). I got video of the State entrance, Gordon missing the game winning shot in regulation, Gordon getting carried off the court and ofcourse...the Vandy three to win.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
One night of ****** coaching does not make him a ****** coach all the time.

Sorry if you took it the wrong way...

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login