I know all you brilliant basketball savants have buried this team

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Still a lot of basketball to be played but even if we get in, the way we're playing now we'd go one and out. Lunardi also has Ole Miss in the first four out which is reaching.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Right. Still in it today. Check back next week. This team is on a downward trajectory and I can't see what is gonna stop it. Maybe when we eventually get to play Arkansas or Vandy again. We will beat up on them

Reactions: patdog

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Dashawn Davis must have compromising photos of Jans.

No other coach would continue to play him at his current production...or lack of.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
Dashawn Davis must have compromising photos of Jans.

No other coach would continue to play him at his current production...or lack of.
But the question is, who else do you give those minutes to? Who’s any better?

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
In right now. We've got to beat another good team. Hope I'm wrong, but I have zero faith we do. Have to win at least 1 of the next three(Auburn, at Bama, at Ole Miss). Lose all three and we are almost done, unless we can finish 7-2(Georgia, at Missouri, Arkansas, Ole Miss, at LSU, Kentucky, at Auburn, at TAMU, South Carolina). Again, I hope I'm wrong, but right now I don't see it happening.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I was high on this team coming into the season, but that was under the premise that we’d maintain last year’s defensive intensity while filling some gaps offensively.

Unfortunately, we had some swings and misses from the portal, we are still atrocious offensively, and we aren’t intimidating anyone defensively. We may still sneak into the tournament, but this team is burying itself

Reactions: thekimmer

mcfly.sixpack

Mar 21, 2009
If we go 0-2 in our next two games we will miss the tournament. With UK at home looming, losing 3 home games is almost impossible to overcome. Winning one of Auburn/OM basically holds serve. Win both and we’ve broken serve. Our schedule is hell.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
This schedule wouldn't be nearly as tough if we were a better team. It's just like SEC football. It's a tough conference. Of course the schedule is tough. It's not the Sunbelt.

Reactions: patdog

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
It's simple, every team is possibly in before they play their first game. Some teams get better and trend up, others don't fulfill expectations and trend down. I personally don't get warm and fuzzy about terms like "bubble", "first 4 in/out", "last 4 byes", etc. especially when my team is 2-4 in conference, 0-4 on the road, plays #8 today and again in a few weeks, # 6 again in a few weeks, and isn't playing well.....

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
16 bubble teams basically that can go either way.

team needs to go 9 sec wins and 20 wins total to feel good about getting in. Anything less will depend conference tourneys and how many upsets happen.

gotta start winning some games. Today is winnable, and would be a big step forward.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
There's only been a couple of times I've seen them play like a team. I've said they need to have some basketball sense, but they need to play as a team even more.

Cow College

Aug 21, 2012
Throws Are costing us again this year. Will cost us more games. The offense ineptitude is rough to watch at time. We get stale and don’t swing the ball side to side ever.

I watch a ton of Pelicans games and the amount of ball movement in the NBA is incredible.

klong-dog

Aug 22, 2012
Auburn is liable to run us out of our own gym. We will have to play our best game yet to stay in it.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
it’s okay if we lose. It’s ok if we get blown out BUT

the fans deserve to see, hustle, effort, determination. Battle for every loose ball

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
I've always thought this team would do just enough to find a way into the tournament. But have to admit that I didn't think today would be one of the wins that got us there. Today was a great surprise. HailState.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
"All I see is 3 wins"

Your honor, I would let the record show that for the most part, I have kept my mouth shut this basketball season

It’s schtick…

Ill Allow It GIF

Reactions: preacher_dawg

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
In right now. We've got to beat another good team. Hope I'm wrong, but I have zero faith we do. Have to win at least 1 of the next three(Auburn, at Bama, at Ole Miss). Lose all three and we are almost done, unless we can finish 7-2(Georgia, at Missouri, Arkansas, Ole Miss, at LSU, Kentucky, at Auburn, at TAMU, South Carolina). Again, I hope I'm wrong, but right now I don't see it happening.
Everytime I post like this we win. Did the same thing with Tennessee. That was a big win over Auburn. Now, we need to get a road win. No better time than Tuesday against the Bears. Win that and all you pretty much have to do is win the ones you should the rest of the way, and you're looking at a 7-9 seed. Beat Kentucky and maybe a 6 seed. If we lose both this week at OM and at Bama, we'd need to go 6-3 to feel solid about getting in without being in the play-in or missing altogether. The last 9 are: Georgia, at Mizzou, Arkansas, OM, at LSU, Kentucky, at TAMU, at Auburn, South Carolina. Win the four favored home games and beat Missouri on the road which we should be favored. Then steal one of Kentucky, at LSU, at TAMU, and at Auburn in which we will most likely be the underdogs.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login