I need a credit card for a new LLC

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Any suggestions? Not too worried about APR.

Should I just stick with Chase?

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Had my Chase Business for 6 months now and after spending the required amount in four months they credited the $900 promotional amount to my account while still giving me bonus points for my purchases. So far so good. Haven't tested their customer service yet but it seems to be okay.

No. 2 would be Bank of America, very good customer service including charge backs.

No. 3 (tie) Cap One and American Express. American Express pretty much lets you set the terms as long as you pay your account in full each month.

Reactions: 57stratdawg

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
If you travel a lot for business, American express business platinum card has amazing travel perks, plays for clear at airport, centurion lounge access just to name a few

MtPigsmore

Jun 29, 2019
Any suggestions? Not too worried about APR.

Should I just stick with Chase?
Capital One Spark

Just sign up before you know you have a lot to spend if your interested in the bonus. Different tiers give different cashback - I always prefer no annual fees over increased % back.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
If you travel a lot for business, American express business platinum card has amazing travel perks, plays for clear at airport, centurion lounge access just to name a few
Another Amex Biz Platinum supporter. Big annual fee, but points and perks are great.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Personally I use the American Express Centurion Card. It is invite only. Sorry.

1684942559546.png

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I just went through the process myself. Ended up with a US Bank Altitude Power card. Just came in the mail yesterday.

PXL_20230524_152015044_copy_2016x1134.jpg

I looked at everything. Nerd wallet, Points Guy, etc. If I was booking a lot of flights I might have gone a different direction to get 5x points on flight purchases. But I am using it for everything else in the world with minimal flights and those travel specific cards tend to give you 5x on flights, 2x on gas stations, and 1x on everything else. If 30% or more of your spend is on air travel that probably works better.

I steer clear of AMEX for business because lots of people don't accept it (electricians, plumbers, water and sewer, etc) or they charge an extra fee that negates the rewards. Plus the annual fees are steep. Everyone (except Costco) takes Mastercard. For broad category spending you can't really beat 2x-2.5x rewards everywhere. The 3 I found in this category were:

Chase Business Ink Premier
Capital One Spark Plus
US Bank Business Altitude

I bank with US Bank so they waived the fee and having it in my same login made it a no brainer. But the other 2 were just as good. If you're already with Chase and don't buy a ton of flights, the Business Ink Premier is the way to go.

Reactions: 57stratdawg

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
If you travel/fly a lot, the delta skymiles american express is great.
Wife had a Am Ex Business card and she hated it. So many small businesses won’t accept it because the fees are so much higher than Visa or MC. She took customers out to lunch and dinner regularly and the vast majority of mom and pop restaurants don’t accept it so she had to carry a dedicated personal card and then file an expense report to recoup the money. It was a hassle.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Wife had a Am Ex Business card and she hated it. So many small businesses won’t accept it because the fees are so much higher than Visa or MC. She took customers out to lunch and dinner regularly and the vast majority of mom and pop restaurants don’t accept it so she had to carry a dedicated personal card and then file an expense report to recoup the money. It was a hassle.
I’ve had a few gas stations not take mine but don’t really have a lot of problems.

msualohadog

Oct 25, 2014
AMEX Platinum waives the annual fee for active duty military and gives you two extra cards. My son, who's single and in the Army, added me to his account. I don't really use except for the travel perks and free Walmart+. I give my son the points when I do use it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login