I offer my sincere condolences

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
To so many on this board. I’m sorry this baseball team crushed your dreams of firing Lemonis before the end of February. Your life still has value. Don’t end it. Keep your chin up, there will probably be some more bad baseball losses this season that will allow you and your miserable friends to circle jerk at the thought of firing our only National Championship coach less than 2 years after he won our only championship. And there is more to live for. We still need you to b_tch through football season about how we won’t win more than 9 games, and winning 9 is easy because our last coach did it and he sucked at all things football. Try to get some sleep tonight and be ready to go tomorrow with more stupidity. Take care.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I wonder what all of our opinions on this baseball team would be right now if we had benched our Friday starter at the beginning of the season.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
To so many on this board. I’m sorry this baseball team crushed your dreams of firing Lemonis before the end of February. Your life still has value. Don’t end it. Keep your chin up, there will probably be some more bad baseball losses this season that will allow you and your miserable friends to circle jerk at the thought of firing our only National Championship coach less than 2 years after he won our only championship. And there is more to live for. We still need you to b_tch through football season about how we won’t win more than 9 games, and winning 9 is easy because our last coach did it and he sucked at all things football. Try to get some sleep tonight and be ready to go tomorrow with more stupidity. Take care.
ITS OK TO CALL THEM IDI0T$

Last edited:

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I wonder what all of our opinions on this baseball team would be right now if we had benched our Friday starter at the beginning of the season.
I still don’t have any idea what to think. This roster appears to be loaded with new, high talent guys which in theory should mean that Lemonis and crew deserve a lot of credit. However, the fact that these young guys are completely outplaying the upperclassmen by a mile is perplexing to say the least.

I don’t know. I guess I’ll just take the series win as a positive sign, and if nothing else, the staff is clearly trying to find answers

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Wow. Those losses to VMI and Directional Louisiana look better already.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Lemonis doesn’t even have a warm seat. Anyone saying he should be fired or won’t survive the season is either trolling or an actual idiot. In either case they should be ignored. If they are ignored they are just wasting their own time and energy.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Lemonis doesn’t even have a warm seat. Anyone saying he should be fired or won’t survive the season is either trolling or an actual idiot. In either case they should be ignored. If they are ignored they are just wasting their own time and energy.
Most are more concerned with Foxhall than Lemonis. And it's a valid concern. He should've been shown the door last year.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Most are more concerned with Foxhall than Lemonis. And it's a valid concern. He should've been shown the door last year.
The fact that Foxhall is still here and the **** fielding is why I think the house should be cleaned. I continue to believe we won it all in 2021 despite Lemonis and not because of him.

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
9E311BE7-9672-4ED7-98F9-910F17B45C30.jpeg

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I don’t like that the coaches tell me how good KC and Stenett are and when they get in the game they get shelled. I want them to do good, but right now…..they nor the message doesn’t fill me with confidence.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm still in that group there's not so convinced about our pitching just yet. But it is early. I really do hope I was wrong. I always figured we would hit the ball well. I'm gonna keep quieter till the SEC season starts then we'll find out what we really have.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I'm presently not in 100% Biatch Mode anymore but I'm still in neutral waiting to release the biatch clutch and spin wheels if they start back upsetting me.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Where is @paindonthurt with a scathing post that tells everyone to sit down and shut up because we fans shouldn't opine on the value of players since the staff and school know best?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Where is @paindonthurt with a scathing post that tells everyone to sit down and shut up because we fans shouldn't opine on the value of players since the staff and school know best?
Oh I’ve thought i made it clear. I bust your balls or lack thereof bc of some of your other idiotic woke takes.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
The criticism was deserved. Those losses were embarrassing in opponent and manner. I hope they finally woke up. Next week should tell us a lot.

Reactions: patdog

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The score on a Sunday. If only John was still our AD.

20230226_194724.jpg

happy crowd GIF by South Park

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
However, the fact that these young guys are completely outplaying the upperclassmen by a mile is perplexing to say the least.

Why is it perplexing? Hasn’t the influx of newcomers taking on key roles always been the recipe for this year’s team to be somewhat successful?

I mean did anyone think Cade Smith was going to show up looking like Bednar or Ethan Small this year? Did anyone really think Forsythe / Hancock / Clark were going to look like Westburg / Nate Lowe / Hunter Renfroe?

For one thing, we don’t have very many upperclassmen….especially on the mound. We’re a young team. The upperclassmen pitchers are almost exclusively portal / JUCO fill-ins, plus Cade Smith, Pico Kohn (who is still MIA) and Parker Stinnett. Everyone else is new. In the field and at the plate, the upperclassmen are all 1 or 2 tool players at best with minimal pro prospects. Role players. I’m glad they are still here, but this team was never going anywhere with those guys as cornerstone pieces. Its no coincidence that the top 3 or 4 guys in the batting order are all new folks.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Well you expect your upper classmen to develop and to continue to get better. That's where it's disappointing. These guys are making jumps like those guys did in their development. Need to start seeing that. Lot of those guys disappeared last year and don't seem much better this year. Recruiting does no good if you aren't developing the talent or they get worse.

pitching is still a big concern going forward.

PapaDawg

Nov 19, 2014
What has been surprising to me is MSU is the only established high power college baseball program that has played poorly in a couple of games. I mean nobody else is getting the crap beat out of them a couple times by less talented or less well perceived programs.******

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Well you expect your upper classmen to develop and to continue to get better. That's where it's disappointing. These guys are making jumps like those guys did in their development. Need to start seeing that. Lot of those guys disappeared last year and don't seem much better this year. Recruiting does no good if you aren't developing the talent or they get worse.

pitching is still a big concern going forward.

Yes, you hope to see incremental improvements, but a lot of guys are pretty damn close to a finished product when they arrive. Rowdey Jordan and Jake Mangum were pretty much the same players as a seniors as they were as freshmen. Same with many others. The only guys you ever really see a giant leap from in those Fr.-Soph.and Soph-Jr. windows are elite draft talents like your Renfroes, Chris Strattons, etc.

As it pertains to the current roster, we knew what Cade Smith was going into the year. He was a solid weekend starter more often than not, but not a Friday night guy. Never had it in him. Lane Forsythe is probably a Top 5 defensive shortstop in all of college baseball,
but not a guy that’s ever going to smash the ball all over the field. Kellum Clark is a guy who hits for power and not much else, although to his credit he has gotten his K’s way down so far this year so maybe we’ll see a little more from him. But he’s not gonna be Tanner Allen out there. The young guys are simply better players, which is usually the case when you’re talking about performance comparisons in college baseball.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login