I only see 3 more wins on the schedule

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Bowling Green, East Tennessee, and Auburn. Maybe Texas A&M (but I doubt it)

Fortunately not everyone has the DB and DL talent that LSU has. I also don’t think everyone’s defense will be as well coached as LSU was tonight. I can still see state with a solid chance to beat Kentucky on the road and and either Arky or A&M at home plus a win over Auby. TSUN, Bama, and UGA are going to whip that ***. Only three SEC wins would be a step back but not a disaster. I think 4 conference wins needs to be the expected floor for this program, especially with an expansion looming.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Fortunately not everyone has the DB and DL talent that LSU has. I also don’t think everyone’s defense will be as well coached as LSU was tonight. I can still see state with a solid chance to beat Kentucky on the road and and either Arky or A&M at home plus a win over Auby. TSUN, Bama, and UGA are going to whip that ***. Only three SEC wins would be a step back but not a disaster. I think 4 conference wins needs to be the expected floor for this program, especially with an expansion looming.

You must not have stayed up and seen that aTm has found their QB and beat Miami last night. We aren't beating Kentucky or Arkansas. They'll be hard fought, but we aren't winning those games. We are about on par with or a little above Auburn. We'll probably beat them (but it's certainly not a given). We'll beat Bowling Green and ETSU. Bama, UGA will name their score and be playing backups by the third quarter. OM might have 600 rushing yards on this slow defense. 4-8 or 5-7 is where we'll end up. The schedule this year was brutal enough without us needing to step on our own dicks

• Haha
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
You must not have stayed up and seen that aTm has found their QB and beat Miami last night. We aren't beating Kentucky or Arkansas. They'll be hard fought, but we aren't winning those games. We are about on par with or a little above Auburn. We'll probably beat them (but it's certainly not a given). We'll beat Bowling Green and ETSU. Bama, UGA will name their score and be playing backups by the third quarter. OM might have 600 rushing yards on this slow defense. 4-8 or 5-7 is where we'll end up. The schedule this year was brutal enough without us needing to step on our own dicks

Max Johnson was 10 of 20 for 140 yards.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I’ve been waiting for someone to start a thread like this. It’s like clockwork every year after the first loss.

Yep… the sky is falling for sure. If there is one thing I’ve learned from watching Leach, it’s that you can’t take anything from week to week. The only games that are sure losses are the same Bama and Georgia. Every other conference game is a toss up.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
I’ve been waiting for someone to start a thread like this. It’s like clockwork every year after the first loss.

I can certainly see your point if this was a young team, learning a system and improving week to week. But it's not. This is an extremely veteran team and people make analysis based on what the team shows you. We have a three game sample. A three game sample is beginning to show you a true picture. We are certainly capable of beating aTm, Arkansas and Kentucky, but from the sample we've seen so far, I don't see it happening. Hopefully I'm wrong. This team is too slow across the board to stay on the field with Bama and UGA. OM has three REALLY good running backs and an experienced, talented OL. I can't see our defense plugging holes to stop their rushing attack. I'm sorry, but unless something drastic happens and we somehow gain team speed between now and November, that's just the way it is.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Im hoping his post is sarcasm.

It wasn't sarcasm. Johnson led that team better than the QB he replaced. They looked like a different team. I stayed up and watched it. Were they perfect. No. Did they look vastly different. Yes.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I'll stick with my 6-6 / 7-5 preseason predictions. I never count on State beating LSU on the road. Last night was no real surprise.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
It wasn't sarcasm. Johnson led that team better than the QB he replaced. They looked like a different team. I stayed up and watched it. Were they perfect. No. Did they look vastly different. Yes.

I didn’t watch the game, so I’ll certainly have to defer to you (I’m assuming you watched it) on how he looked. But they were at home and scored 17 points while he completed 50% for 140 yards… so I think you can see where someone might think he was not exactly inspiring hope that the offense is fixed for A&M

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
You may be right and we will just have to see how it goes from here and how the team and coaches respond. Certainly not slitting my wrists at this point. I had them going 7-5 with a loss to LSU.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I didn’t watch the game, so I’ll certainly have to defer to you (I’m assuming you watched it) on how he looked. But they were at home and scored 17 points while he completed 50% for 140 yards… so I think you can see where someone might think he was not exactly inspiring hope that the offense is fixed for A&M

State will be in the game against TAMU, it’s just a matter of mistakes at this point. State does not have the playmakers to overcome more than one or two small mistakes. They can’t overcome excessive protection breakdowns or critical turnovers. Their best and most reliable players are in on the boneheaded stuff.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022

They could get better with him before we play them. What I saw was similar to LSU. A team with tons of 4* and 5* talent that got a few key plays by him and it was enough. Miami played incredibly conservative which I think plays into a Jimbo Fisher coached team. I think Jimbo is a fraud coach and TAMU is very beatable like LSU was but we'll have to be mistake free and not take the pedal off the gas. That's how we've beat them in the past we just haven't shown a lot of that this year even against the lesser opponents and I will agree that is concerning.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Some of y’all have learned absolutely nothing from two plus years of Mike Leach. You are going to get nights like last night and then you’re going to get a surprise win or two here and there. It’s stupid to assume this team is going 1-7 in SEC play based off one loss in Baton Rouge.

Kenny.sixpack

Aug 23, 2021
Based on the evidence presented so far, it's hard to disagree. I guess we'll see. Can't say it isn't disappointing though.

Palos verdes

Aug 22, 2012
A&M, Arky and Auburn are not good, but neither are we. Arky won't be able to slow us down on offense, so we should get that win at home. A&M is like Auburn, very beatable, but if Rogers gets pressured like last night in the second half, we can lose to anybody.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Aged Well GIF by What We Do in the Shadows

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
I’m just glad it wasn’t locked because somebody keeps bringing up old ****.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login