I said at the end of last football season...

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
when Croom was getting a bit of a reprieve from the constant over the top bashing that he gets on this board, that by the summer everything would be back to normal. The fact that he took over and cleaned up one of the worst programs in D-1 football and took them to a bowl has all but been forgotten because Todd Jordan isn't coming to State. Pardon me if I don't follow along with the rest of you chicken-little bastards.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
This board looks for excuses to bash a coach. Some earn it, such as Ron Polk. Some don't. Losing a highly rated QB to LSU shouldn't be a casue for chasing Croom around town with a pitchfork. I'm much more critical of his habit of not regularly signing QBs than I am of him losing a player to the national champs.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
I felt much better about next year's football team after Croom won a bowl game than I did about this year's baseball team after Polk made it to Omaha. That being said, I don't feel so hot about the overall state of the program. We've gotta get our pipeline of talent going and the lack of a decent QB recruit over 4 years has me worried. It's always next year.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
a reality check from time to time, there's a place for your sentiments.

However, at the end of last football season ...

1. There was hope (limited) that McCorvey was gone;
2. Ellis Johnson was still the DC;
3. Croom had made not-so-subtle comments that the spread-option was rolling around in his mind.
4. Garrett was still committed.

Jus sayin.

patdog

May 28, 2007
are the same people who were giving Polk a pass after last season. I said it then about Polk and I'm saying it now about Croom. Those seasons were flukes. I do think that Croom will have a decent season this year (6-6 or so), but we've seen the best we're ever going to see from Croom as a coach. I hope we all enjoyed it while it lasted.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login