I see Garrett got a new offer from Florida State.......

G

Goat Holder

Call me crazy, but I think the more offers he gets the better the situation is for MSU. If it was say, us against just LSU, or just Alabama, I'd be very worried. But if he has 5 or 6 big time programs coming at him, I could see him going where the sheep say his "heart" is.

Apparently nobody committed at Jr. day this weekend.

G

Goat Holder

Call me crazy, but I think the more offers he gets the better the situation is for MSU. If it was say, us against just LSU, or just Alabama, I'd be very worried. But if he has 5 or 6 big time programs coming at him, I could see him going where the sheep say his "heart" is.

G

Goat Holder

Aug 30, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________Call me crazy, but I think the more offers he gets the better the situation is for MSU. If it was say, us against just LSU, or just Alabama, I'd be very worried. But if he has 5 or 6 big time programs coming at him, I could see him going where the sheep say his "heart" is._________________________________________________
Alright, I think you are crazy in this case. The more big time programs come after Garrett, the greater our chances of losing him, I think. He will be getting all kinds of pressure (read "benefit" offers) to go play for the big boys. His parents as well, despite their love & loyalty for MSU, may even realize that his long term career development may be better served at another university. I'm excited that we have such a high profile recruit already committed, but the more big offers he gets, the more convinced I will become that he will only set foot on MSU's campus wearing another team's colors.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Bizarro logic there, Goat. There's just no way that more big-time offers could make it more likely he'd sign with MSU. If he winds up with 5-6 big time schools after him, that just gives him that many more choices. More choices = less chance he winds up in Starkville.

G

Goat Holder

the offers are coming regardless and there's nothing can be done about that. Can't shield him away from the world. Maybe he gets overwhelmed and decides MSU is the place for him.

We are going to have to win him outright. Would really help if Carroll had a productive year.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________Bizarro logic there, Goat_________________________________________________

No, that just logic in his worlds. Yes that is worlds with a S.

Sorry,Goat, I couldn't resist.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Dunno if they're being preemptive with their criticism b/c they expect him to sign elsewhere or what. But, judging by his list of offers so far, the kid can play.

It sounds like Bumphis may get his share of big time offers, too.

It's way too early to even speculate about where either of these guys will sign. But, I agree with pat that more big time offers dilutes the chance that he signs with us. Not that he won't, but he'll definitely have plenty of options to weigh.

diehard4dawgs

May 23, 2006
I have to agree with you on this one. The more attention he is getting from big schools, the less he will focus on just one like LSU. I think at the end of the day it is better for us to be in the mix with several schools, because if the decision is crowded I think he will opt for the comfort choice. He is a MSU fan, and thus that makes us the comfort choice.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
I really don't think you guys are in danger of losing him. He may play the game and enjoy the recruiting ride, but I'll be shocked if he does anything but sign with MSU. He'll hold a press conference to announce officially that he's sticking with his commitment because he is and always will be a Bulldog and all that other BS, and your sheep will go nuts.

G

Goat Holder

could be said about a number of in-state prospects at this time last year:
Quote:_________________________________________________but I'll be shocked if he does anything but sign with MSU_________________________________________________
The most notable, Alonzo Lawrence.

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
Alonzo's brother, Co-Eric got on Croom's bad side and that didn't help us out.

Garrett's parents are big in the BC, and I would venture to guess that someone's parents have a big influence on where their child goes.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
I was thinking the same thing, along with the fact that Alonzo probably didn't grow up going to MSU games. My guess is Co-Eric was his only true family tie to MSU, and that tie didn't exist before his junior year.

Garrett has obviously grown up going to games in Starkville. His parents give to the school. Not saying he couldn't go somewhere else, but I don't think there is really any drama in his recruitment, and never really has been. Some people will flip out over his every move, but like I said, he'll probably have some press conference or announcement where he comes out and says that he's sticking with his commitment because his heart is and always has been with MSU.

And then the fellating will abound with your sheep. They will like him more than they liked Little Favre, because he's got MSU in his blood and all that BS.

G

Goat Holder

of a guy the recruiting services said "would be a shocker if he went anywhere other than MSU". I don't know what it is with some of you, especially Ole Miss folks, that say Lawrence never was interested in us. That is plain wrong. When Saban got involved, Lawrence pretty much dropped us and everybody else, contrary to popular opinion.

I'm not saying he was Garrett with tons of family ties. I'm simply saying that those words or similar ones were often tied with a number of prospects this time last year.

Others were Andre Wadley and Philip Pierre Louis. And then Chaz Ramsey the year before. And on and on.

Dawg in a pile

Feb 27, 2008
Recruiting services guys said that about Lawrence along time ago, back before the BS with Co-Eric. They didn't say "would be a shocker if he went anywhere other than MSU" after that. We were still in the top 3 for him at the end, and really it was only us and Bama, but we screwed that one up.

The only other player on that list that I remember anyone saying "would be a shocker if he went anywhere other than MSU" about was Wadley. I know that no one ever said that about Philip Pierre Louis and I don't recall anyone saying that about Chaz Ramsey either.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
You're right about Peyton, but is MSU under serious NCAA investigation right now?

I don't think so. The fact that we were under serious investigation (getting ready to get blasted by the NCAA), and the fact that Brewer was essentially going to be gone as well took us out of contention with Peyton. Even so, he said he would've still gone to Ole Miss had Cooper still been on the team.

His decision was purely a business decision, and MSU is nowhere near in the condition our program was in 1994 when Peyton signed with UT.

Porkchop.sixpack

Jan 23, 2007
In all seriousness, if the one offer is us, how can it be any better than that. I mean, if you are looking for validation, that's fine, and the other offers give you that.

But, I don't see how it helps us get him.

G

Goat Holder

Quote:_________________________________________________Recruiting services guys said that about Lawrence along time ago_________________________________________________
I know, that's why I said this:
Quote:_________________________________________________a number of in-state prospects at this time last year_________________________________________________
Quote:_________________________________________________I know that no one ever said that about Philip Pierre Louis and I don't recall anyone saying that about Chaz Ramsey either_________________________________________________
Yes, they did. For both of them.

Dawg in a pile

Feb 27, 2008
At this time last year for Lawrence you're right. From some other things you've said on this board I'm assuming you're a member of Rivals, and Rob nor anyone else on on that site ever said they would be shocked if Philip Pierre Louis and Chaz Ramsey didn't sign with MSU. You're just trying to make your argument look better but you are full of it about those two and I think you know it.

Aug 30, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________No, it's a good example of a guy the recruiting services said "would be a shocker if he went anywhere other than MSU"... And then Chaz Ramsey the year before._________________________________________________

Committed to AU by at least Aug 10 before his senior season.

G

Goat Holder

Today is March 3.
Quote:_________________________________________________at this time last year_________________________________________________
Infer that since Ramsey was in the class before, I'm talking about the same period in the recruiting year.

Ramsey committed to Auburn on June 14, 2006 per scout, 3 months after March 3.

Try again.

Aug 30, 2006
So you are telling me that Rob & Gene were saying that Chaz was a lock for MSU during March of his Junior year and you sincerely believed it? That's sweet. You are exactly the type of intellectual that keeps them in business. If it wasn't for people such as yourself, Gene would still be pushing papers for the railroad or whatever.

G

Goat Holder

Or are you just trying to save face from the DC/WV thread?
Quote:_________________________________________________So you are telling me that Rob & Gene were saying that Chaz was a lock for MSU during March of his Junior year _________________________________________________
Yes.
Quote:_________________________________________________you sincerely believed it? _________________________________________________
Who the hell said that? Quit making up ****.

I said I have seen many people said they'd be shocked if certain players didn't sign with MSU this time of year in response of Bruiser saying he would be shocked if Garrett didn't sign with MSU.

Quit trying to criticize when you have no idea what you're talking about.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
Yes, they did. Point being, I doubt Garrett has a personality like Peyton. And also, MSU isn't about to undergo a serious probation. If we had had coaching stability and no looming sanctions in 1994, Peyton likely would've signed with us. MSU has coaching stability and no looming sanctions right now, so I don't see any way that the kid who grew up pretending to be the MSU QB would all of a sudden decide he wants to go somewhere else.

If I'm wrong, I'll stand corrected, but I just don't think there will be any drama with his recruitment. As I said originally, he may play the game, take a few visits, and enjoy the attention, but in the end he'll announce that he's sticking with his commitment because his heart is at MSU.

Aug 30, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________Or are you just trying to save face from the DC/WV thread?_________________________________________________
Nope, already admitted my mistake. I have no problem doing that when it happens.
Quote:_________________________________________________Who the hell said that? Quit making up ****._________________________________________________
I will agree that you did not expressly say this here. However, I do remember you claiming that both PPL & Wadley were ours to lose based on your info, which we now know is Rob & Gene. I made the logical conclusion that you would have felt the same way about Ramsey. I know that you will deny ever having said that PPL & Wadley were locks for MSU even late in the recruiting process, but I remember it quite clearly since you had made the same statement about another prospect and they committed a short time later. Had I known that Rob & Gene were your sources, I would not have lent as much validity to your statements. That was my mistake (see I admitted error again).

G

Goat Holder

You asked me if Gene and Rob said that. They did. No where did I say they were my sources.
Quote:_________________________________________________I do remember you claiming that both PPL & Wadley were ours to lose based on your info_________________________________________________
You were right. I keep up with Rosebowl's recruiting stuff. My info comes from the articles and what I think the recruit's may do. I think for myself, and I don't proclaim to know anything that anybody else doesn't.

The reason I thought Ramsey and Wadley were coming to State was because one, they were instate, and two, all Rosebowl's insight with them was positive. Sue me.

I thought Carroll may have some pull with PPL when the big schools weren't involved. Auburn came in late. Sue me again.

Just give it up, *******. You got in on a conversation with the intent to bust balls and you failed. Move on. You're 0 for 2 today.

gdogg

Feb 24, 2008
but after seeing Saddawgs 'pic in the post' I can't remember what it was. the sad one came strong with that pic.

Aug 30, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________You asked me if Gene and Rob said that. They did. No where did I say they were my sources. _________________________________________________
Quote:_________________________________________________You were right. I keep up with Rosebowl's recruiting stuff. My info comes from the articles and what I think the recruit's may do.
The reason I thought Ramsey and Wadley were coming to State was because one, they were instate, and two, all Rosebowl's insight with them was positive. Sue me.

G

Goat Holder

One who claims to know so much about that site, and how terrible it is, should know that.

Rosebowl is not Gene. Gene is the lone screw up on that site. If he'd just fund it, Rosebowl and David could do a damn good job with it.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
however, should our offense lay a turd for the 5th straight season, come Nov when he is done playing dont be surprised if he starts looking around. Also, look for him to take visits to other schools so he can go off and get laid during his recruiting trips.

He is definitely ours to lose, but dont think we cant. The chance to lead a bigtime program may outweigh his desire to wear maroon and lead our pee-wee offense

Aug 30, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________One who claims to know so much about that site, and how terrible it is, should know that._________________________________________________
I never claimed to "know so much" about Gene's page. I have never & will never pay for anything on his site. The one thing I do know is that his site has a long & colorful history of being terribly unreliable.
Quote:_________________________________________________Rosebowl is not Gene. Gene is the lone screw up on that site._________________________________________________
The humor in that sentence is unending. Gene is the lone screw up in your words, but you refer to Robertson by Rosebowl, a nickname he earned for one of the stupidest predictions in MSU history.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
he won`t come if we have NO receivers and the receivers ain`t coming if we don`t get an OFFENSE and QB.

silentdawg

Mar 3, 2008
Robertson gets most of his recruiting info leaked to him by a Grad Asst. on the staff.

Robertson is about as big a screw up as Gene is.I get a good laugh when the dumbass calls himself by his nickname.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login