I see six more wins

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Reactions: preacher_dawg

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
To feel safe, we need to get to 9 SEC wins. 8 we'll probably need to win a couple in the SEC tourney.
I see we have 7 SEC games left. Getting 5 would be Max IMO but you never know with how our FG & FT%'s are improving.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It only took the thread 8 posts to figure out we have 8 games left (thanks Bobby!).

It does make a soul wonder about the average quality of analysis here.

We need 6. We can get 6. Will we, no idea.

Last edited:

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
So that means we will win out
We could very well. But don't see us getting into the Big Dance - not enough quality wins and a losing conference schedule.
We all got excited with our early season success, but that was good coaching against limited talent.
The SEC is may not be its usually talented self this year, but the schedule is a hellish gauntlet.
We will be good to get into the NIT and we all need to be 17n grateful for the opportunity.
Hopefully we'll get some home games out of it.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
We could very well. But don't see us getting into the Big Dance - not enough quality wins and a losing conference schedule.
We all got excited with our early season success, but that was good coaching against limited talent.
The SEC is may not be its usually talented self this year, but the schedule is a hellish gauntlet.
We will be good to get into the NIT and we all need to be 17n grateful for the opportunity.
Hopefully we'll get some home games out of it.

If we win out (8 wins), we'd be 23-8 (11-7 SEC) and an absolute lock for the NCAA Tourney.

That's extremely unlikely.

If we can go 6-2, possible, but difficult, I think we're in. Possibly in at 5-3 with an 8-10 SEC record, but avoid that worry if they can

We have two very high quality wins in Marquette and TCU, compared to many bubble teams.

Reactions: DoggieDaddy13

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
At this point it also matters who you beat and who you lose to. Cannot afford a home loss to LSU or SC. Ole Miss and Vandy are close to that too, though with both being on the road there’s a little more leeway.

Beat LSU and then see how we do against Arkansas and Kentucky and reassess. I feel like we’ll have a better handle on things in about 10 days.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
At this point it also matters who you beat and who you lose to. Cannot afford a home loss to LSU or SC. Ole Miss and Vandy are close to that too, though with both being on the road there’s a little more leeway.

Beat LSU and then see how we do against Arkansas and Kentucky and reassess. I feel like we’ll have a better handle on things in about 10 days.

Agree. I feel strongly that the 4 games you mention as can't lose are truly must wins to get where we want to go. Gotta have all 4.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Jans musta made some huge practice changes to have us playing the way we are now versus the way we were. Since the road game at Bamer, we've been playin' like Dancers and If we keep that up, we could win out with the exception of a road loss @ Pig or @ shouldn't be in the SEC. We're playing like a team that could go 7-1 from here on out then who knows how deep in the SEC Tourney. As David Bowie said "Let's Dance".

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login