I think it’s Tampa or Jacksonville

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
LSUs loss will send Tigahs to Orlando.

I think it’s 50-50 between us and South Carolina and State for Reliaquest and Gator. The SEC treats these games even, although Tampa has traditionally been thought of as the better bid. Both games are the morning of Jan 2.

Carolina might prefer to go to Gator because they have played in Tampa several times recently. Haven’t played in Gator since 1987.

Here are things that could send us to Nashville or Houston.

Georgia beating LSU and 2 of these happening or LSU wins and all three happen:

Purdue beats Michigan.
Utah beats USC
Kansas State beats TCU

This would knock Tennessee to the Citrus and the dominoes would fall.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Tampa was a great bowl hosts in 2018.
This conflicts with what I’ve heard from those in Athletics. Said it was very stale for the players, and the bowl organizers were very cold towards MSU since the SEC “forced” us there…. And then we didn’t have a particularly great showing by the fans, further driving their animosity

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Don’t really care at this point where we end up but playing a “helmet” game is more important to me now.
If it’s Tampa or JAX even better.
Purdue is not a helmet game.
NDame, UCLA, Clemson are our best bets now and not even sure Clemson is in play ?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I could see the SEC wanting SC/ND in the gator and State/Purdue in Tampa. But we'll see. I get the feeling we're Gator or Texas now.
I’d like to see State/Purdue (Land Grant all the way) but I think we would prefer Texas.

Where do we recruit more?

Texas or Florida?

Choctaw Dawg

May 21, 2017
This conflicts with what I’ve heard from those in Athletics. Said it was very stale for the players, and the bowl organizers were very cold towards MSU since the SEC “forced” us there…. And then we didn’t have a particularly great showing by the fans, further driving their animosity
That's what I have heard too. The Liberty Bowl treated the players and administration like celebrities compared to what the outback bowl did

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
We def didn’t have a great showing which makes me think Tampa again is unlikely 4 seasons later.

The area is nice though. If you can’t have fun in Ybor / Tampa / St. Pete for a long weekend - that’s on you.

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
This is why our only chance to get to that part of Florida is the Gasparilla bowl

cling84

Aug 22, 2012
The 2018 Outback Bowl did not seem to mean much for the Tampa area. I was there for four days and it felt to me like this game was treated as another regular football game. I left at halftime because there just was no excitement in the stadium... (could have been because JoMo's offense took three quarters to actually do something)

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Ain't no telling what's really happening. Horse trading has probably already started. Leach will have a lot of input. But, just won't know until after the SEC Championship Game.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Ain't no telling what's really happening. Horse trading has probably already started. Leach will have a lot of input. But, just won't know until after the SEC Championship Game.
Yeah.. I imagine somebody in the SEC office is already taking calls and working the phones trying to make a good match like they’re eharmony.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login