I think it has become obvious today

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
that Peaches clearly has a bias against Rick Stansbury and is incapable of giving an objective look at that particular coach. If you cannot admit that Stansbury played a crucial role in our Final Four run then obviously you have an axe to grind.

He's pretty much shown that he doesn't like Stans in the past, but that was all tied to his head coaching tenure. To reach back into time and say that he didn't play a critical part of that Final Four run, come on.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
that Peaches clearly has a bias against Rick Stansbury and is incapable of giving an objective look at that particular coach. If you cannot admit that Stansbury played a crucial role in our Final Four run then obviously you have an axe to grind.

He's pretty much shown that he doesn't like Stans in the past, but that was all tied to his head coaching tenure. To reach back into time and say that he didn't play a critical part of that Final Four run, come on.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
admit the influence Kirby has had.

People want to give Ricky so much credit for the FF team when he and Kirby were responsible for bringing those guys in. And then suddenly Kirby leaves, and we are stuck with Hyche, David Domnigue, Ty Washington, and a bunch of doorknobs. Ricky was recruiting then too, yet Kirby was gone. What was the difference? Robert Kirby

Kirby has been here for 10 years now during his 2nd stint, and guess what? Consistently good talent. But nobody will concede that.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
from a bad assistant that Stansbury needed to fire in December to the real key to our Final Four talent and our current success this decade. Seriously, you have an obvious bias against Rick Stansbury and you'll say anything to try to write off any success he's had. In December he was allowing subpar assistants that weren't being hired away by any other schools to stay on staff. But, let us win another West title and be in contention for a SEC title and you have to make up some complete and utter BS to explain away our continued success. First it was Stan Jones, but Rick has had a lot of success without him so obviously it's someone else winning for him, right?

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
When it's Stansbury's recruiting, it's piss poor. When it's one of the assistant coaches', it's excellent.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
was terrible for keeping Kirby because nobody wants Kirby as a head guy, which must mean that he is not a good coach.

Columbus Dawg

Feb 23, 2008
After Stansbury helped get us to the Final 4 with his recruiting and game planning, (Yes, he was responsible for creating the game plans) we lost everyone. Damp and Donte went pro early. Wilson and Walters graduated. And Bullard pistol whipped someone. So a drop-off in talent was inevitable at that point. Also, you keep using Ty Washington as an example. Ty was a pretty big time recruit and was thought to be the heir apparent to Damp. Coach you used to be a decent poster and an occasionally made a valid point. Now you have become a joke along the lines of JR.

VinceVega70

Sep 24, 2007
It was Stans who was on Mario Austin's porch the day signing period opened up.
It's Stans bringing his family to the gym to watch Hopson.
It's Stans who has the reputation of being one of the hardest working recruiters in the business.
Nothing against Kirby, but he plays a role for Stans, he does not outwork him.

Folks are right, Coach. You obviously hate Rick and cannot give him any credit unless you begrudingly have to because the situation leaves no room for an alternate view.

If Stans left tomorrow, give it two or three years and we'd be back to the way it was before he came. A NIT birth every few years. Mainly losing.

Rick is the best thing going in our AD. Bar none. The only possible argument against that might be Byrne (and that remains to be seen).

futaba.79

Jun 4, 2007
is that you post a bunch of stupid **** for kicks. Kirby gets credit for the final four run, even though he left after the '93 season?

It's almost impossible to fathom that you believe the crap you post.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I realized I murdered the spelling of Detrick's first name. I replaced it with Dietric Slater's name.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
you didn't have him playing 3-4 years after he graduated, like Peaches Wooden had Domingue.

KurtRambis4

Aug 30, 2006
does make some outrageous statements ( i believe he's just messing with everyone, honestly)...he does not even come close to the level of stupidity as jr

Woof Man Jack

Apr 20, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________Kirby gets credit for the final four run, even though he left after the '93 season?_________________________________________________

Why must you use facts in this argument?!? Damn, those always screw up a good ***** session.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Washington, Tang, Tyrus Boswell and Robert Jackson were all big time signs at the time and I believe all arrived prior to Kirby's return.

DowntownDawg

May 28, 2007
....JR can actually make a salient point about the football team, but Peaches is a consistent year round dumbass. I'm all for JR treatment.

Badon

Jun 12, 2006
I had always heard Stans was responsible for the lockdown defensive gameplan that propelled us through the tourney. Not sure if that's accurate or not.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login