I think Mississippi has the most entries here....

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I'm all about Mississippi pot roast (other than the butter, that's just gilding the lily) but I swear that did not exist when most of us were younger. Roast was made in the crockpot or oven with potatoes and carrots, and very likely with a packet of Lipton's onion soup mix.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I'm all about Mississippi pot roast (other than the butter, that's just gilding the lily) but I swear that did not exist when most of us were younger. Roast was made in the crockpot or oven with potatoes and carrots, and very likely with a packet of Lipton's onion soup mix.
I have to use unsalted butter and low sodium awe jew powder when I make it. Primarily because I marinade my roast in Dale's for 72 hrs to get it right.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
low sodium awe jew powder

Jim Carrey Dog GIF by filmeditor

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
Pat it all over with flour, salt and pepper. Brown both sides in the electric skillet. Add ingredients as you outlined above. Throw the lid on it and turn the temp way down. It takes a long time to get done. But when it's finished... Wowsa!

Reactions: dorndawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I do a pack of onion soup mix, and pack of ranch seasoning, a half stick of kerigold garlic and herb butter. Brown the roast in a skillet and then cook it as slow as possible.

Pour the juices through a strainer and make some gravy out of the juices.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
I never heard of it until a few years ago.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login