I think Nappi could have helped your team out last year...

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
Yeah, I don't know why Polk RS him. He probably could have handled RF with Moreland at 1B last year.

Polk did the same with Brandon Turner two years ago.

rebel law

Jun 4, 2007
meanwhile we have our hands full with central arkansas. We can't hit for **** in the midweek.

rebel law

Jun 4, 2007
look like worldbeaters against Fri and Sat pitching. Then when we play against supposedly bad to average pitchers in the midweek and Sundays, we can't' get 5+ runs to save our life.

KurtRambis4

Aug 30, 2006
never understood why we redshirt position players...i mean if they're worth a ****, they'll be gone after their rs sophomore year most likely

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
That will really piss you off if Nappi leaves after next season, only giving you 2 years of actual baseball when he could've been at least giving you something during his redshirt year.

I don't understand it either unless a guy is just really raw or he's behind guys at his position that won't give him any shot to play.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
that there is no way to prove or convince a coach of this point. A coach will always point to his redshirt year as so beneficial that it made him the player he was after that. They'll say that a guy like Nappi or Turner just wasn't ready.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but I guess it might to a coach. To me, especially with the limited number of scholarships you have, you'd want to be sure that all 11.7 of your scholarships are being utilized in some fashion every year.

We are currently redshirting some players as well and have done so every year, but I still won't understand it, unless you're talking about a pitcher, catcher, or someone you believe won't be a top draft pick in the future.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login