I think this was outside, but it’s hard to tell from this angle

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I can't believe what I just saw. There's no excuse for an ump behaving in that fashion. That young man was denied a fair AB. Those atletetes have dreams of making it to the next level though most won't but they still need to be treated fairly.

Last edited:

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Yeah don't show your *** on a called strike before that if you don't want to have the ump ring you up for showing your ***.
17 That. That Ump should never call another game in organized baseball ever again. The first pitch was clearly, clearly, clearly a ball The second pitch was 12-14" off the outside of the plate and low. The Umpire showed his ***, not the batter. Holy 17n ****, I believe I would have gotten tossed from both that game and rest of the series over that call.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Oh, 100%. I don't agree with it, but umps are human too. He should've tossed the batter or warned him, but I understand the reaction.
He could have clearly tossed the batter for his reaction to the previous pitch, but it is his job to know he 17ed up the first call and try his best to get the next one correct. The ump went full snowflake mode and ended up looking like one of the biggest pricks I have ever seen.

The batter had every right to make what little scene he did after that first blown ball call.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I actually LOLed I'll have to do is throw it in the air for the catcher somewhere and it was going to be a strike

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
But the ump probably did the Valley player a favor.

If he tossed him for showing out on the previous pitch, the Valley player would have been suspended the next game, right?

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
The 1st pitch was definitely low and I didn't see the batter get into the ump's face about it. He did something maybe I woulda done under the circumstances. This ump needs to lose his job.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I can't believe what I just saw. There's no excuse for an ump behaving in that fashion. That young man was denied a fair AB. Those atletetes have dreams of making it to the next level though most won't but they still need to be treated fairly.
Both are guilty of being dumb.

Raiderdawg

Sep 28, 2022
It is literally covered in the rulebook.

If a player argues or does something reasonably deemed unsportsmanlike, the ump calls time & issues a warning. If the player keeps going, he is tossed.

Drummer had a few chances to issue a warning and stop that nonsense. It’s unbelievable to me how terribly he handled that.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login