I think we are to a point where Arnette needs to call Defensive plays.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Just another dumbass decision he made. Of course a defensive minded head coach should have a lot of say-so in the defense, same with an offensive guy. But Arnett wanted to DeLeGaTe because Leach did that for him, but he missed the fact that Leach was ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE of the ball. So if anyone is not following the equation, Arnett should delegate offense, not defense, at least until he can trust his understudy.

Just incredibly idiotic decision making.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Our DC cannot make in game adjustments for ****. Yesterday when the new QB came in they changed their offense, and our DC had no clue what to do. You could look at Arnette and he was ready to explode on the guy.
He should call the “4 man rush get to the passer” more.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I’m not sure what he’s doing now. Every time he’s shown on tv he’s standing there with his arms crossed. Maybe he’s just not capable of multitasking (I know I’m not) so he doesn’t think he can call defense and manage the game. Like DS said, he’s in over his head and it’s very apparent. Maybe he can develop the skills needed but I can’t see it happening over the next 2 months.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Our DC cannot make in game adjustments for ****. Yesterday when the new QB came in they changed their offense, and our DC had no clue what to do. You could look at Arnette and he was ready to explode on the guy.
There’s no doubt about that. The offense is improving week to week.

However, doing this might make the team better and would perpetuate this already failed Arnett experiment. So, it’s a conundrum.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I think we passed that exit at least two games ago, but agree 100%
Agree 100%. Just be the DC, and let the OC be the offensive coach. Make the big decisions across the board, but let the OC run the show on offense and Arnett needs to be the DC and make all large decisions. It is not that hard.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Just another dumbass decision he made. Of course a defensive minded head coach should have a lot of say-so in the defense, same with an offensive guy. But Arnett wanted to DeLeGaTe because Leach did that for him, but he missed the fact that Leach was ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE of the ball. So if anyone is not following the equation, Arnett should delegate offense, not defense, at least until he can trust his understudy.

Just incredibly idiotic decision making.
Bingo.

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
I’m not sure what he’s doing now. Every time he’s shown on tv he’s standing there with his arms crossed. Maybe he’s just not capable of multitasking (I know I’m not) so he doesn’t think he can call defense and manage the game. Like DS said, he’s in over his head and it’s very apparent. Maybe he can develop the skills needed but I can’t see it happening over the next 2 months.
I’ve seen him shown a few times very heated inside the defensive huddle on the sidelines, problem is the players tower over him and it’s very hard to notice him in there….I was just watching for his bobbing bald head, and would see it here and there… but yea, I think he needs to take it over for Brock. He did a better job of making in game changes and calling plays…

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
Now is the time show you can lead a program and do what it takes to improve. If he can’t come out of the bye showing some sort of progress, then he needs to be gone.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login