I think we have clarity on the issue regarding..

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I was thinking the same this afternoon. Belichick’s personnel decision deserve second guessing at this point. Have they had a HOF caliber player on their roster since Brady left? Maybe Gilmore? Pretty much every decision they’ve made at WR has turned out wrong for 10 years now.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Brady was great. Belichick was too.

But I think the biggest thing was Brady not hamstringing the team with a massive contract. I know the NFLPA hated it.
Did Brady do that his whole career? I knew that he did the last few contracts.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
His record without Brady is below .500 I think. And I think pretty far below .500.

He is a good defensive coach though. And he definitely can develop a game plan and execute. Nobody wins in the NFL without a good QB. Shanahan in SF is about as good as it gets with mediocre QBs.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
But I think the biggest thing was Brady not hamstringing the team with a massive contract. I know the NFLPA hated it.
And this is why the NFL is so great (or one of the reasons). It's the perfect sports product. And it's more of a 'team' type thing, most of the time (except for Chris Jones).

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
In 18 seasons with a healthy Brady (not counting the year Brady tore his ACL on the first drive of the season and missed the rest of the year), Belichick has 17 playoff appearances, 30 playoff wins and 6 Super Bowl titles. In 10 seasons without Brady, Belichick has two playoff appearances and one playoff win.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
I'll take it further in that the mighty Patriots have never had a QB win a SB not named Brady. They are back to the old lovable Pats with the dude hiking the ball on the helmet.

GOAT QB who took a discount in one of the weakest divisions for over a decade straight. Mix in a great defensive disciplinarian coach and you can win a lot! Wake me up when they win one with a different QB or Coach.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login